350 fuel pump question

bryanjeep

Instead of going with my stock fuel pump, I will be getting a mechanical pump for my 350. What do you recommend? I am getting the Edle. Performer 600 CFM. Would you recommend one of the cheap fuel pumps from Autozone or should I spend the $80 and get the Edle. Performer street pump?

As for the push rod... are the $5 ones ok or get the $15 one?

I tried the mech. pumps. :( I like to have the pressure already there, just pump once and it starts.

Iam using a holley red label.

The red has a internal Pressure regulator and bypass. No return.
I say try the stock pump, if it gives you trouble upgrade it. The stock will require a return.

I've heard bad reviews from friends about the Edelbrock pumps.....AFTER I made the mistake of buying one. It wasn't as strong as the generic one I took off, and it lived a SHORT life. I love Edelbrock intake manifolds, there is no better off the shelf intake. But they suck the big one when it comes to the carbs and pumps. I've got two of those 600s that have maybe 2 months run time on them, I'm trying to talk a buddy into trading a fresh 750 Holley for both of them. He says they do good on a dual carb tunnel ram, but that's a little overkill for me. I don't have enough engine to use 1200cfm!!

I've read alot of good reviews about them in magazines and such, so maybe I just don't know how to tune it right. Maybe you'll have a better time with it than I've had. I'll probably stick a Qjet on my Jeep here very soon.

Back