need some advice...

stan

I just found out the other day that this little deployment is gonna most likely be seven to fourteen monthes long....The thing is i really dont know if i need to sell jezzabee before i leave, or keep her under a cover while im gone. i kept her in the barn the last time i went to Iraq but, this time im gonna be gone a lot longer and i dont want to have her waste away while im gone, ive done sold my kayak and mountain bike to some guys on base but i just cant stand the thought of sticking that "FOR SALE" sticker on her she has been a big part of my life and we share a lot of memories together. I want ot keep her but know if she goes that long without being ran or moved its gonna be one big mess when i do get back from that $#!thole country. ive got till december to make the decision so for now the for sale sign is staying in the glove box besides its hurricane season down here and that means rain which = MUD! galore i guess whichever way it goes i can enjoy it while its here. Ridgerunner

Keep it. You will be back and jeepin before you know it man. By the way, thanks for going over there for us, we all appreciate your hard work.

2.5 exhaust manifold bolt question

Hey dude, just a thought, but I bet someone on here might be willing to hold on to her for you. They'll start it, run it, keep it right. I think there are quite a few people near you that you could trust...if they offer. I'd do it if you were near me down here in LC, New Mexico.

Seeing as how you are serving our country and protecting our freedoms and all...

Ya man, there's got to be someone who can simply take it out for a short little drive, like once a week or two weeks, or whatever. When you come back, wouldn't you love the first thing you see is your Jeep sitting in your driveway waiting for you.

By the way, Thank you so much for all that you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can drive it up to Pennsylvania, take the tags off, drop the insurance and I'll go out and start her up once a week. I could take it for a spin around the property if you want. I'm already doing that with my YJ which is not on the road now.

Thanks for serving and let me know if you don't get an offer closer to home.

Don't sell it!! Just thinking about it while overseas will be a good "home" thought. To copy the others, thanks for the service you do for all of us. It is an honor to be in touch with another going to protect our precious freedoms. Stay safe.

I have heard you can have problems with seals drying out but I am not sure if that would happen in just a year. You can also have gas varnish but again I think that would take longer. I would search the web for gettin her ready to store. I think there are conditioners for the seals and stuff but I may be wrong.

my bro is going overseas as well.
this week too.
we got his car its a firebird.
we just keep it in good shape,
he has gone over before so this is the second time.
i would recommend keeping it.
you will be back before you know it,
and have some extra cash might i add that you might want to use.

Really dont know what i coulda been thinking wanting to sell it, I guess its just one of those things that you think you need to do but know in the back of your mind itll never happen. I want to thank everyone for their support for all of us in the service yall can never understand how much it means to us. Ridgerunner

Hey, bud....like all those old war movies I watched as a kid with the Duke in them (and I still do), take a pic of your baby with you as a reminder of not only what's waiting for you when you get back, but also as a reminder of what you're fighting for....the freedom to own a Jeep!!! My prayers will be with you, as they are with all of our men and women in the service!!!!!

Man, I live about 45 minutes away from you. I'd be happy to ride up there maybe once a month and crank it up for you. I wouldn't want to have possession and responsibility of it(you probably wouldn't want me to either since you don't know me), but if you've got somewhere to keep it I'd be glad to help you out.
Shoot me a PM if I can help out.

Many Air Force bases have long-term storage for things like RV's and vehicles. I'm not sure about Camp LeJeune, but check it out. Even if they don't have it there, some other nearby base probably would and they'd keep it for you for virtually nothing...a buddy did this for a year when he went to Bosnia a while back. Between that and Junkpile's offer to come start it up occasionally, I think you'd be set. I'm a little further away (Atlanta) than Junkpile, but if there's anything I can do, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Back