RIP Indian Larry

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
I am cutting and pasting from one of the motorcycle forums I frequent.

If you are farmiliar with discovery channel, you will recognize his name!

(cut/paste)
Staff Writer

A custom-motorcycle builder known to Discovery Channel viewers as Indian Larry was seriously injured while performing a stunt Saturday at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center.

Cabarrus County officials said the stunt driver sustained head injuries and was in critical condition after being airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center. A CMC official couldn't confirm his condition.

Indian Larry has been featured on Discovery's Biker Build-Off television series and was at the arena to perform stunts during the three-day Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series.

"He was riding and standing up on his seat," said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy county manager. "The bike started to wobble and he was not able to regain control."

Indian Larry fell off the bike before a crowd of about 8,000. He was not wearing a helmet. Paramedics were standing by at and aided him until he could be airlifted to CMC, Downs said.

The show continued, but all other stunts were canceled, Downs said.

Indian Larry is known for his eccentric nature, according to his official Web site. His résumé includes movie, video and television.
(cut/paste)

I got the pleasure of meeting him up in Laconia NH this summer, very humble and down to earth guy! I guess that if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

image-missing.png

OMG :shock: You have got to be chitting me! I LOVE Indian Larry, his style and talent were so unique. Awesome Awesome dude. I am so sorry to read this, this is horrible news. How sad. I know Carabbus county too, my company has a plant there. I love to visit North Carolina around that area, with the nascar and other stuff that is popular.

Awwwwhhhhhh :cry:

Lady

Did he die? It just said he was injured in the stuff you pasted... He should have known better if you ask me. Your just asking for it doing stunts on a bike with NO HELMET.

Re: Check out this Snow Mobile Jeep

I had heard that on the radio this morning, that he had died after falling from a stand-up seat ride. He died doing what he loved, that's for sure. If there's any comfort, that's a little bit.

Agreed that he didn't wear a helmet. Very stupid trick. I understand the logic, having grown up in a biker family. I've seen both sides good and bad.

Still sad though!

Lady

I like the way he was so gracious. Seemed like a darn good guy.

Back