Shotguns

mingez

Suggestions?

I'm looking for versitle, reliablity. For Turkey hunts, doves, geese and ducks.

Currently looking at the Benelli Nova, cause I've heard soo many good things about it.

image-missing.png

I have one of those except its the tactical one with the ghost ring sites, I love it, very good shotgun. I would get one, you can't go wrong with a benelli.

Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, is the Remington 870 Express. Ran thousands of rounds through it and never had a jam. And the best part? 230 bucks.

Ive always heard good things about the Benelli's too tho, and if you have the money, go for it.

Nathan

i agree with green... the 870 is a great gun for the money.. and for 230 you can usually find it in a combo set with a shot and a slug barrel

Still SOA-ing (PICS ADDED)

does it have a recoil softener of some kind like the Benelli does?

just got done dove hunting with my 870 express mag. it is a great gun, I got mine for around 250 with the slug barrell. Shot my first buck with that gun.

$335.00 to $400.00 sugested retail depending on the modle but for $100.00 more you can get the Nova H2O all weather marine modle. Very nice!! You can pick up a pistol grip stock for the above modle and change out to go from Turkey to Jive Turkey gun real fast. hehe tug

i have a super black eagle that i love!! wonderful gun... will shoot 2 3/4" 3" and 3.5" as fast as you can pull the trigger.
my dad has a M1 that takes 2 3/4" and 3" shells. and its just as nice if you never shoot 3.5" and is a little cheaper.
there is a new super black eagle II, but i havent shot one yet, so im not help

I plan on getting a 12 Guage this year. A slug gun for Deer. I'm getting tired of driving 3+ hours to use a rifle when I can settle for using a shotgun within 1/2 hour or so from home.
I was looking at the 870 (with a rifled barrel), mainly because my "hobby" money is pretty much blown for the year (jeeps) and it is relatively inexpensive.
http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/870expdr.htm
anybody have any other suggestions for a decent 12 Ga for Deer???

The only thing is where I hunt with the rifle, there is a state-owned offroad trail which is a nice consolation prize in the event I don't bag anything. Didn't see squat last year so I spent a couple hours wheelin'. At least I went home with a mud covered Jeep :wink:

Back