Still SOA-ing (PICS ADDED)

Snitty

I got the front perches welded on and the axle reinstalled... i hope tomorrow evening will provide me with enough time to get the rear done... then i can move on to resizing my rear driveshaft...

then we go on to getting brakelines taken care of... i'm really not looking forward to that... i also have to buy a tie rod end for my draglink...

its lookin good folks... takin some time to get it done becuase its outside and my schedule is not the greatest.. but she's getting done

Sounds like your making progress slowly but surely. Keep it up.

got the tierod end in the draglink today... those old ones were frozen in there pretty good, but i gottem out... sitting still, it clears fine with no bent draglink

Haven't had a day off yet, Snitty. Just want you to know I haven't forgot about the springs. Everything will be closed Sun & Mon, so early next week is the best I can do there.

make sure your drag link doesnt hit when you turn to the right, mine does

Ok, front end is up in the air... i found a couple more problems to deal with, and i'll have to deal with them soon...

but as far as progress.. here ya go
image-missing.png

that shows my front end bolted in where it is going to sit... the entire front is resting on its springs so that is pretty much how it is going to look from the face...

BRAKE LINES!!!!!! front brakelines....
image-missing.png

i though of a few different clever ideas... but realized that if i tried to undo my lines at the frame, i would just end up splitting the entire lines all the way to egypt.... so i opted to keep the existing lines where they were... and i decided to cut the metal tubing in the hard part of the hose and put some 5/16" brakeline between with compression fittings to extend.... allows for much better travel

Back