CB radio info needed

bigTlilODD

I want a CB, even with the mocking my wife is giving me. I read on here somewhere about some good radios, but can't find the post. I remember someone got a Motorola for about $100 and had a link to his site and showed how it was mounted. [addsig]

I got my cb system in my jeep for around $100. I have a 4" K40 power whip antenna mounted as close to the body as possible on the tire stop beside the tail light($28).Mount for the antenna was $12. I got a used Cobra 19 DX III for $40. The shop that i got it from had a new one for $60. They are small but good if u just use your cb to talk to ur friends when u are whellin.It was another $15 for the coaxal cable to go from the antenna to the cb. And i mounted the cb right under the ash tray.I did all of this on a 89 wrangler but if u drive a wrangler it should be the same.[addsig]

I got a Cobra from E-bay for $25 and mounted my 8' to the back bumper. I mounted the CB in the original hole for the stereo (since mine was stolen) and framed it with a piece of black plastic to fill the gaps. I'm thinking of getting a HAM set up and mounting it in the center console.[addsig]

Ummmmm, no???? maybe??? Make sure to put in the subject heading something like JEEPZ.COM so I know how it's from. I might have deleted you. Sorry.[addsig]

They have a stainless steel bump stop mount on ebay for the antenna ..... with a little modification, you can have it sitting inside the bump stop and it looks great!! I picked up a CB from ebay and it cost only 10 bucks, if you're looking for something small stick with Uniden. It's one of the better ones out there, this coming from a radio repair shop.

Craig[addsig]

If by chance you have still not got yourself a radio, Check your phone book for a local CB shop if none are in your area go to the nearest Truck Stop and there will be a shop there. Ask for some one to advise you on the best mounting options and get a premade coax cable. This is importain because a cable needes to be 3 foot intervals to keep your standard wave to a minimun. If the cable is a bit to long just zig zag it on the frame or where ever it is mounted. I have a Uniden 66 CB that has been pumped up some what mounted where the ash tray was under the dash, A K40 antenna mounted on a flat billit alumium mount close to the body on the passenger side under the corner. Cable runs under the carpet to a drain hole to the frame tied up with nylon cable ties. Hope this helps it works for me. And it talks really good on the hwy. I was a truck driver at one time and I depended on my CB alot and still do. Tug[addsig]

i'd just find a junkyard and pop one out of some crashed car... they're so outdated they should be dime-a-dozen...[addsig]

I have a TJ and am concerned with a good place to mount a cb......don't want to do it right on top of the dash cuz' it's too easy to seee.........I was thinking about gettin an overhead consol but I don't know how good those are........where did you ppl mount your cb's ?[addsig]

my friend has a 97 tj and he mounted his cb on the side of the middle console on the passenger side. it looks really good and none of his passengers have complaned yet.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

well I just got a CB. Thank you all for the info! I got the bump stop mount. I may have to modify it to make it work the way I want it to. I'm going to try to fit it in the middle of the bump stop. And maybe, JUST MAYBE drill the hole right there for the cable. We'll see. I got a Cobra 29 NWST for $70. It's a 40 channel and weather. plus it has a switch for instant ch. 9. I also got a firestik 4 footer antenna for $13, the special edition American flag one. Now I have to get my southern (california) accent back
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back