A lesson to be learned

is this what we were supposed to read sully?

Welcome to Michigan Jeepers!

Again, I apologize for the excessive downtime and troubles during the import process. There were some unforseen circumstances, but they have been dealt with and we have resolved all of the issues as of now. For those of you who are already existing members, you only have to complete one simple step to setup your account here.

First of all, you need a "Groupee" account. For those of you who have signed up on any of the other sites, you have already created this account. This is your universal login for any of the Jeeper sites, if you choose to use them. So, if you do already have a groupee account, simply login to the site here with that information. You will be given a prompt saying we have switched to a new login system, and it will ask whether or not you have an existing account here. Obviously, yes, you do have an existing account here, so check that option.

Next, it will ask for your old login information. Enter that. Please note: Your password may come up as invalid. Do NOT freak out, this is normal. This software uses a newer and more secure encryption for passwords, so it is likely it is not detected. If this happens, you will notice there is a link to send you your password. This password will be sent to the e-mail address on file when you created your account originally on MJ. Check your email and then when you get the password, just enter that in and you are all set. You will now be using your old login name again.

If you have not yet created a Groupee account, the first time you login to MJ you will need to create a Groupee account. That takes about 30 seconds to do, and you can then proceed with the instructions just posted above.

Now, I do realize that many of you if your password doesn't work, you probably registered a long time ago and you no longer use that e-mail account that you initially registered with so if you try to send your password, you won't get it. Again, do NOT freak out, it is not a big deal. All you have to do is send an e-mail to: support@americanjeepers.com and include your login name and the e-mail you want to have your password sent to. I will simply edit your profile with the updated e-mail address and you can then send the password and be on your way.

I know some of you will piss and moan about this, but if you take just a couple seconds to read the instructions the whole process listed above takes no longer than 1 minute to complete and you will never have to do it again. I have done it myself to test it out. If you have any problems you can always email support@americanjeepers.com

Finally, I realize that this site looks just like the others, it might be missing custom smileys, the photo gallery, the recovery list, and many of the features that were a part of the old MJ. Please be patient as all of this will be added as soon as possible. Once the forums are tweaked, etc I'll have it as close to the old style MJ as possible. But I can only do one thing at a time.

Also, I will be leaving michiganjeepers.net open for a short time so people can login and get their PMs. But I remind you, this won't be for a very long time, and the PMs could not import since this uses a completely different system. So I strongly suggest you save or print any of those messages you really need ASAP because once they are gone, they are gone.

gutless YJ

For some reason the link I posted wasnt taking you to the place it should have. So I linked you to somewhere were the link works.

Man, Sully, that really sucks! Hopefully it will serve to make us all think twice when riggin' up to extract somebody (or be extracted). Man, I feel for his family.

YJ lift springs!

Hard way to go but still but going doing something you love is far better than laid up in a sick bed waiting to go. RIP offroader and we all need to just take a second to think the sport we all love can kill you. Always think and be safe out there. Remember no mater how safe we are there will still be mishaps. tug

Back