Quick update non jeep related!

Tug-n-pull

Shifting whoes

My oldest son Airman William just did the grad thing from basic training at Lackland Airbase today. He is on cloud nine and Monday he heads out to Witchta Falls for Tech School. Very proud of him at this point. He did real good and has grown from a teenager with his hand out most of the time wondering why the world was not at his feet to a man who admits he had an atitude and is sorry for being a jerk in the last year at home. Wow what a difference a TI can make in a young person. I personaly feel all young men in the USA be required to serve at least a 2 year hitch in the armed forces. Good for what ailes ya! tug :D

That's great news tug! Will pray for him to stay safe.

I personaly feel all young men in the USA be required to serve at least a 2 year hitch in the armed forces. Good for what ailes ya! tug

Ya, I pretty much agree with that, but I never served - was in on one of the first "lotterys" and drew number 276 (whewww! No Viet Nam!!). But I sure coulda used several good kicks in the arse back in them days. They shoulda got me when I was young and dumb!

But now I'm a daddy and only got one son - wouldn't mind seein' him get some of their discipline, but I sure don't want him going to Iraq.

Glad to hear he is doing well. I wish I could go back in time to the day I was ready to sign up with the Marine Corps and walked away. I am sure some of the hard knock growing up I did would have taken a whole lot less time. I don't know if it should be mandatory or not, that's a tough one but I think everyone who can serve should serve. I very much regret my choice. Oh well hindsight is 20/20.

Tug, I don't have any children yet, but I can only imagine how gratifying it must be to see your son become the man you always knew he could be. WOW!

It is pretty cool to know he made it to manhood prior to my killing him! Now if I can just get Jake up and out of here in one piece. Pretty funny he got out of boot camp no his 19th Birthday.... tug

Glad to hear the good news Tug. you sound very proud, as you should be.

I took my basic there in 1986 and trained and was assigned to another base in Texas just 150 miles from where your son will be. He will like the area esp in the winter months.

I liked Texas so well, I did my hitch, got out and stayed here.

I went with the Air Force also, the Army would not take me: they found out that my parents were married. haha .. old Joke between the branches :lol:

90Xjay said:
Glad to hear the good news Tug. you sound very proud, as you should be.

I took my basic there in 1986 and trained and was assigned to another base in Texas just 150 miles from where your son will be. He will like the area esp in the winter months.

I liked Texas so well, I did my hitch, got out and stayed here.

I went with the Air Force also, the Army would not take me: they found out that my parents were married. haha .. old Joke between the branches :lol:

heheheehehehehe
I hear the Air Force came up with the idea for the tooth brush! Cause if the Army had designed it it would have been a teeth brush.... Sorry ol infantryman here! tug :wink:

Back