The Local Jeep Club? Pro or Con?

Tug-n-pull

Jeepz.com has opened my eyes somewhat, and now I am thinking can a local club be worth the effort. I am an Auctioneer so I am in front of a crowd for a large part of my life. I can put togather a simple set of bylaws and finding Jeepers to join would be so easy here as they are everywhere. I can see the plus side to sharing the jeep thing among friends with trail rides and so on, but I too can see that there will be 10% doing all the work and 90% free loaders in the groupe. If you are in this type of group, have looked into one, or have been in and got out. let me hear what YOU have to say about Jeep clubs in realtime! Thanks Tug

image-missing.png
[addsig]

If you're located in either Northern or Southern Illinois, I'd jump to the opportunity to join! -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

YOU CAN DO IT! I'm going to join a local 4X club, here in Albuquerque. They do trail work as well as 4X'ing. I do alot of trail work with the local mountain biking groups and now I can assist the 4X'ers. I liked their bylaws and the fact that they are true enviromentalists! I mean, they actually want people to go and enjoy the forrest and desert
image-missing.png
not keep people out of it
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
Take a look at this site new mexico 4 wheelers Look at their bylaws maybe you can get an idea of what you want to put in yours. Please do it and if I can offer a suggestion, use the club to fight evil enviromentalists (note the word EVIL). Use it to keep places open and accessable to those of us that like to mountain bike and 4X. Keep abreast of what laws people are trying to pass to close the forrest and desert areas, to machines. So many groups like the Sierra club want to keep us from enjoying nature. HEY, who put that soapbox there?

Todd[addsig]

I am in East Tennessee but all will be welcome! I do plan to get started on this local Jeep club. and I will use some of your bylaws if not all. I am glad to have a pool to draw from like the folks here at Jeepz.com Thanks for all of your advise. Please let me know of any other do's or don'ts. If you are in a Jeep club what do I need to avoid and what do I need to embrace, Getting started in the club (Jeep Club) busness~ Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

How about local chapters of a bigger club located in our different region....I'm intrested!!!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

To PAS, Some clubs require that you're a member for awhile, then branch out. Others you can contact them and ask them what "they" require. I've learned that it's different for different clubs[addsig]

The local 4x4 club in louisville, KY is dead. They get active by eating at Ryan's Steak house the first tuesday of each month. Haven't heard much about them wheeling though.[addsig]

I'm going to join Blue Mountain in January....anyone have any pro's or cons ?[addsig]

Back