Jeep Gladiator Concept Truck

southtj

I kinda like it. What do you think?

http://www.autoblog.com/category/jeep/

3193434911155311JPG-2.jpg

2871112677711866JPG-2.jpg

I guess I'm having a bad computer day. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong trying to post those pictures.

Oh well.

RE: original wheel question

Hmm... I kinda like it. Methinks it's about time they brought a Jeep truck back, I would love a Comanche to keep my Cherokee company in the street...

RE: Re: RE: Warning NOT for those that don

That's a bad@$$ truck. I would buy one if I was in the market... if it had a hemi that is.

Joopin said:
That's a bad@$$ truck. I would buy one if I was in the market... if it had a hemi that is.

Oh don't worry, if DC decides to build that, it WILL have the semi-Hemi as an option. It will also have a Dodge Ram pickup chassis, IFS, and lots of little plastic knobs and switches to operate the overpriced and underbuilt crap that they bolt on and under it.
--------

It looks cool, but so does the Rescue......which we now know will be an H2 like poser IF it ever does happen to see production. Enough is enough. DC can kiss my butt.

Well if it's all fluff then I don't want it. I see a JEEP trademark on it I would assume it was beefy... if they are going the H2 way, that is surely ashame and a waste of a good concept sketch.

Plastic knobs and all the fluff are here to stay. Sorry to say...for ALL manufacturers. I like it!! I think it's sweet. IFS maybe not, but it seems as if just about every other new truck has it too.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Jeep Gladiator Concept Truck

Very nice concept!

...But will they offer one for those who will really use them? You can hardly find a pickup truck that is a true base model, with no frills anymore. It would be awesome if they built that thing with solid axles, strong drivetrain, vinyl seats/floors etc, and offered some more cushier models for those who just want to look cool and have a truck to pickup their new TV with. We all know that is highly unlikely though. I hope they prove us wrong.

TwistedCopper said:
Very nice concept!

...But will they offer one for those who will really use them? You can hardly find a pickup truck that is a true base model, with no frills anymore. It would be awesome if they built that thing with solid axles, strong drivetrain, vinyl seats/floors etc..................We all know that is highly unlikely though. I hope they prove us wrong.

That'd be in my driveway tomorrow (I can always claim bankruptcy later) if it were built like TC mentioned. But, I agree that it's highly unlikely (too good to be true?). BTW - I love the spare on the side - just like the old Willys.

Junkpile said:
Oh don't worry, if DC decides to build that, it WILL have the semi-Hemi as an option. It will also have a Dodge Ram pickup chassis, IFS, and lots of little plastic knobs and switches to operate the overpriced and underbuilt crap that they bolt on and under it.
It looks cool, but so does the Rescue......which we now know will be an H2 like poser IF it ever does happen to see production. Enough is enough. DC can kiss my butt.

Really now, It's a Jeep, built for performance and durability. A Ram chassis simply would not work, not gonna happen...

A DAKOTA chassis on the other hand... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Make it an extended cab and re-mount the spare and it's sold!

RE: jeep meanings vid

Looks like an extended cab to me.

Lengthen the wheelbase and remove the nostalgic tire mount? WHAT?

That's probably just what they'll do :cry:

Back