I hooked someone

Joopin

Super Moderator
Pulsing lights... what's wrong???

Yeah, this is kinda like currupts post, only it may be a little more expensive for me. This morning I was going to work, noticed that the rear window in the hardtop was all fogged over. I went to back up to get out of my parking spot, (paralell parked) and CRUNCH! It vibrated right up through the steering wheel.

I got out of the stomper hoping to see some crushed garbage cans but instead I found a brand new BMW 5 series. My tow hook, that was never taken out from my last time wheelin, went right into the grille of the bmw, and the 2" reciever finished it off by flattening out the tip of the hood. I will get pics tonight hopefully...

Anyway, after some choice words and looking at my options... (nobody saw me at 6:30 am) I decided not to just leave but write a note explaining what happened along with my cell #. What a way to start off the week.

I got a call later today by the womans boyfriend... who happens to be a lawyer around here. I guess both of them were really glad I left a note, and I was really glad they weren't jerks about it. So right now I agreed to pay for the damage and they agreed not to file a report UNLESS it is over 1000 dollar deductable. If it is over 1k then they will claim it and say they didn't know what happned so I can just pay the deductable. They are working with me so I can pay the lesser of the 2 and keep my insurance down.

Just thought I would share... I will get a picture of that messed up beemer later... oh and I took the tow hook out.

I feel for ya currupt!!!

Joop

RE: CV boot replacement

Sure doesnt sound cheap! Good thing the owner was nice, those bmw's arent cheap! Same thing happened to my friend. He had a trailer hitch on the back of his truck and back out of a spot on the side of the road and put the hitch right through someone's grill.

RE: Re: Hey Greenreaper!!!!

i was driving my 97 f150 XL (4x2) through some windy streets after some snow and i was doing some drifting with my buds. One turn, i took too fast and ended up understeering, which sent me into a skid about 100' up onto this guys lawn and right into his freshly finished brick walkway. EFFED up the alignment on the truck and totaled about 4 bricks, plus some grass from the skid. Anyway, i left a note and the people got back to me later that day and were so impressed with the fact that i didnt get outta dodge, that they let it slide with no harsh words or anything. Luckily the house was still being remodeled and having some landscaping finished after the melt, so they just got it fixed without a peep.

its nice to know that there are some people out there who understand that accidents happpen and dont get all irrational about it, even though they had the right to.

i wish i had the jeep in highschool. all these preppy, jappy @$$Holes driving around in the beamer that daddy bought them. i cant tell you how many whimpers i heard about "i wish my dad wasnt so cheap and bought me the m3 instead of the 323ci" and booo friggity hooooo

i woulda given them something to complain about.

Gosh It's that time of year.

Beamer fishin' is an expensive hobby.

Twisted- I could just hug you! I needed that tonight! LMAO!

Joopin, sorry to hear about your luck man. It wasn't my day either although mine wasn't as expensive as yours! Hope you get it straightned out!

Thanks for the concern guys... I didn't get a pic cause most likely it is in the shop already getting an estimate. I just hope it is under a grand. This day WAS totally screwed up... on top of my whole fiasco, my girlfriend kara got rearended today on the parkway in her brand new G35! Then the guy tried to take off! Kara was smart enough to jot down his plate #... and the cops got him right after that. So her rear bumper is screwed up, she is okay, and doesn't have to pay anything to fix it... not even the deductable!

I guess everyone is going to geta coupon for a free ride in the jeep for christmas cause I can't afford anything else after this!

Joop

Joopin said:
I guess everyone is going to geta coupon for a free ride in the jeep for christmas cause I can't afford anything else after this!

Joop

ya know what?! thats a really good idea!!! you may have just found the money that i can use on a winch! :lol:

Re: I am a Murderer

wow... jeep rides through the mountains in the winter... hehe. i just like taking my friends and putting them in perilous situations to where they twitch for the rest of the day... haha jk

RE: Re: RE: I hooked someone

haha nothing like that "oh my god, we're gonna flip" cry to get your rocks off when you're behind the wheel!

Man, Joopin, you should be thankin' you're lucky stars!!!! Hit a lawyer and the guy doesn't want to sue!!! :shock: QUITE lucky (although, yes, very unfortunate). That really sucks - seems like things like that always happen to me around this time of year. Hey, but at least it'll kick the ol' imagination in as far a Xmas gifts go!
Good luck - I truly admire your honesty - a very rare quality.

I feel for both of you. I hope the cost isn't as bad as you think. Yikes!

Send me your paypal link... I don't have much right now but i'll give a little something. :wink: I'm serious BTW.

Actually, a collection for you and Corrupt wouldn't be a bad idea. 5 bucks here, 20 bucks there, it'd help a little. Xmas is near, no sense in a fellow jeeper having to settle for skinny stockings hanging over the fireplace for the holidays.

RE: Gosh It

ill toss ya $10 in the name of holiday spirit..... think of it as a virtual "hey, let me pull over and help out this broke-down jeeper in the shoulder"

RE: Holiday Wish list

LOL... a collection! That's jeepz.com in a nutshell, trying to help out a fellow jeeper in a pinch. Well I don't have a paypal account, but your generosity is much appriciated mingez and red89yj.

I actually just got off the phone with the lawyer boyfriend guy and he said the estimate is $1,475... so I told him about the no fault insurance policy in NJ... basically there is a law that people will be covered for thier car if it is damaged and they are not at fault. So if they claim it under that with thier insurance, their rates wont go up and I just pay the deductable... $1,000. He is looking into that right now I guess.

BUT, if I claim it under my insurance (Nationwide) they forgive the first offense with no penalty IF the bill is under $1,000. So now my goal is to get the guy who gave the quote to write the bill for less than a grand.... yeeesh, this is getting old quick.

RE: Allen Bolt Wallered Out

That little voice in your mind telling you to run, That was me.

White said:
That little voice in your mind telling you to run, That was me.

You almost got me too, I started to take off but then I had to flick you off my shoulder. :lol:

Yeah I had a similar incident a few years ago when I backed over a Honda Civic with a military Humvee. I say "backed over" because the Honda was so low and Humvee so high that the tow pintle was more than half way up the hood of the Honda before it made contact. OOPS! The guy was cool though. Since he was parked illegally there wasn't much he could say. Sucks for him!

Back