is there anywhere like this on the east coast.

2000wrangler

RE: window zipper problem

since i have been wheeling i always wanted to go on a camping trip that i had to wheel to get to. a single trail with camping spots all along it. nothing too difficult (because i would still have to drive the jeep home) but something more that just logging roads. that would be great, but i dont think that there is anything like that on the east coast. has anyone else done a camping trip like that somewhere?

RE: rhino liner on the exterior

The national forests in NC.

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/recreate.htm

Uwharrie park is pretty cool. A stocker with decent tires has an easy time with a winch or second vehicle to pull them over some spots. 33s and a rear locker and you're having fun. Nothing too hard.........or impressive. It's a good laid back time.

which part of the east coast? i've done it before, there's places i know of in mass and new hampshire.

Hmmm...sounds like any trip in Kansas. Navigating your way around orange construction barrels, through potholes big as a house, detours that take you to the next state before returning you to your regular route, and mud up to your armpits if you decide to pull off onto the shoulder for any reason.

We do a trip like that here on the West Coast. The trail is called the Wipsaw Trail. It goes up into the mountains and you need a 4x4 to get up. Half way up there's a lake to camp at. Somebody built a little shelter at the camping spot and wired it for a generator. It has plugs and switches and christmas lights hung around it. Next day, you immediately hit a part of the trail that unless it's dry, you'll be winching up it. Near the top of this hill, there's an old plaque embedded into a tree that reads..."this hill was first conquered in 1956 by a 2 wheel drive Scout" (something like that, can't remember exactly what kind of vehicle it was and the exact year). After you conquer the hill, there's a real steep decline down the side of a mountain that takes you past some old homesteads and mines.

i live about 15 minutes from the paragon. i have been dreaming of a trip like this since i got TJ. i will have to look into some of the parks in the south.

Junkpile said:

Yes, yes, yes, if you're looking for wheelin', look to North Carolina National Forests!! We've got Uwharrie, Pisgah (close to me), and Nantahalla (home of Tellico - sure you've heard of that). But there are miles of "un-advertised" trails around here - just be sure to bring a map and GPS - pretty easy getting LOST (which, in my mind, is a good thing!).

Worth a look!

we have a great spot here near york pa. It is mild wheeling to get to the campsite, but there are alot of trails there that you can go to, from moderate to difficult. just a little local spot not many people know about. I go there in the summer months quite often.

RE: XJ... can it tow my YJ?

Mud! My club is going to Tellico next May, I am excited! I plan to go. I have been to Uwar once. I look forward to Tellico.

LJF

RE: more on gears

i've heard of tellico berfore. i didnt know where it was. i am going to look into those areas in nc. if everything pans out, i hope to maybe head down there in late summer early fall. :D

Just about anywhere in CO (if you don't mind sharing with mountain cats and bears). We usually go anywhere up from Boulder area but there's plenty more. worth the trip.

RE: Electronic disconnecting front antiroll bar. I want one

hey mud4feet, could you pm me about some of those unadvertised trails in nc. i've done uwharrie a couple of times and would like to find some other trails. everyone on other boards tells that there is tellico, uwharrie, globe (which is now closed) and pretty much everything else is illegal. i live in burlington and would love to find some trails around here.

parker

Back