R.I.P. Cowboys From Hell!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
I woke up this morning to my alarm clock screaming words that I thought I would never hear. apparently (and this just happened a couple hours ago) Dimebag Darrel Abbott and Vinnie Paul, both formerly of Pantera, and currently in Damage Plan were shot last night in columbus Ohio. Dimebag Darrel (who I have met and was a great person from everything I have read) Has been Killed, and another member of the band, as of now name has not been released, But I have a very bad feeling that it is Vinnie, is also dead. Two spectators at the small club show are also unfortunatly confirmed dead.

As I have heard it on the radio this morning on my commute, there was a small venue show in columbus Ohio where damage plan was playing, at the begining of the set, a man jumped up on stage and started having words with Darrel and then shot him in the face, them four more times. then opened fire, shooting band members, roadies, and spectators. upon fleeing through a back entrance, a poice officer who was there, shot and killed the shooter.

I am a Huge fan of both bands, and I still can not believe this! also... 21 years to the day after Lennon was shot.

here is the CNN link
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/index.html

Johnny,

I saw this story on the news and had not heard of either band or singers mentioned. It is indeed a sad story though. I think more than a handfull of people died including the shooter. You can't TRUST anyone anymore.

LJF

Everyone's heard of Pantera... Well, mostly everyone... Darryl was one amazing performer i'll tell ya

lol Snitty, I guess I'm not everyone. Actually in thinking back, I have heard of Pantera but I thought they were way before my time. I never listened to the hard metal.

RE: Popping beneath jeep while turning

That DOES suck. Pantera was my "Pump up" group for getting me psyched for lifting and playing sports.

RE: Popping beneath jeep while turning

pantera is good mingez, but ac/dc was always our locker room and on ice warm up selection for hockey. nothing gets you going more than hells bells and welcome to the jungle right before a hockey game!

RE: testtttt

image-missing.png

Back