I woke up this morning to my alarm clock screaming words that I thought I would never hear. apparently (and this just happened a couple hours ago) Dimebag Darrel Abbott and Vinnie Paul, both formerly of Pantera, and currently in Damage Plan were shot last night in columbus Ohio. Dimebag Darrel (who I have met and was a great person from everything I have read) Has been Killed, and another member of the band, as of now name has not been released, But I have a very bad feeling that it is Vinnie, is also dead. Two spectators at the small club show are also unfortunatly confirmed dead.

As I have heard it on the radio this morning on my commute, there was a small venue show in columbus Ohio where damage plan was playing, at the begining of the set, a man jumped up on stage and started having words with Darrel and then shot him in the face, them four more times. then opened fire, shooting band members, roadies, and spectators. upon fleeing through a back entrance, a poice officer who was there, shot and killed the shooter.

I am a Huge fan of both bands, and I still can not believe this! also... 21 years to the day after Lennon was shot.

here is the CNN link
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html
    It used to be a jeep Thing,
    But all that stuff broke

-Johnny-

Johnny,

I saw this story on the news and had not heard of either band or singers mentioned. It is indeed a sad story though. I think more than a handfull of people died including the shooter. You can't TRUST anyone anymore.

LJF
    I have many addictions.. I mean hobbies!

Everyone's heard of Pantera... Well, mostly everyone... Darryl was one amazing performer i'll tell ya
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

lol Snitty, I guess I'm not everyone. Actually in thinking back, I have heard of Pantera but I thought they were way before my time. I never listened to the hard metal.
    I have many addictions.. I mean hobbies!

*deleted*

RE: West Coast Jeepz Location

I was going to make a post about this too.

A heavy metal tragedy.

another link: http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Who_Cares
    I caught one of the drum sticks but a fine little thing bribed me out of it.
    HA HA HA HA HA.....thanks for that, that gave me a good chuckle.
    Jack Bauer kills for Jesus: 10

Sucks....
    Saw Pantera live in '90...
    sad day.

RE: Popping beneath jeep while turning

That DOES suck. Pantera was my "Pump up" group for getting me psyched for lifting and playing sports.

Currently own a 98 XJ bone stock, but click Here: For pics of my TJ and old XJ.

RE: Popping beneath jeep while turning

pantera is good mingez, but ac/dc was always our locker room and on ice warm up selection for hockey. nothing gets you going more than hells bells and welcome to the jungle right before a hockey game!
    Jack Bauer kills for Jesus: 10

RE: testtttt