Sorry if i come across as a mean-o

Snitty

I don't like being the axe-hole of the group... but... I've notice that a couple people around here have some rather large signature pics... All of the large pics are on signatures of people who were not around when we enforced this rule back over a year ago... if you could reduce them to a size somewhere near the size of most other average sigs around here, that would be appreciated..

it is not so fun for our dialup users when they are skimming pages... and with the waves of spyware and adware hitting the world these days....the last thing anyone needs is something else slowing anyone up..

again... not trying to be a ^%$# here... but someone's gotta enforce it... if you have any trouble and are not sure of how to reduce the pic... i'll be pleased to help.. just PM me... thanks

If anyone needs help making their signature pic smaller, just send me a PM with your email address. I'll reduce the pic in your sig and email it back to you.

Harry

Although mine is large in appearance, it is only 21kb which is pretty small. Is mine causing a problem?

Thanks Snitty, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want everyone to think that I was mean!

south, although your pic is relatively large, it is only 22k which is not bad at all... so in my opinion i say you are just fine

So...Size does matter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Getting to see you all is great!

Even the large ones with a small file size are annoying, you have to scroll through so much fluff to read the posts.

Just looking at a forum page for a guideline in size, I'd say try to keep it the same height as the avatar and info under the avatar. I'd think that's plenty tall to show what you gotta show.

Deja View!!! :wink:

Yep, it was just over a year ago: November 1, 2003.

For those interested, here is the original thread:

http://www.jeepz.com/index.php?name...&postorder=asc&highlight=sig+pic+size&start=0

Now the last time this topic came up, it would seem that the consensus (A formal sig pic "standard" did not come out of the discussion) was that sig pic size should be limited to 300 x 300 with a file size of less than 30 k. (See Page-2 of the thread referenced above.)

Did something change?

Regards,

Gadget

RE: New girl in town

Wow! Are you really saying that a Jeep can be too big?!?! :shock:

All mods to sig done by Twisted Copper.

Will tires fit on wheels?

currupt4130 said:
i cant figure out the sig pic thing so whatever, your all just too freakin cool 8)

I can't either. I can post pics and all that other stuff, but getting a pic down there is just too much for me I guess. And yes, I have read the directions on how to do it, but it just isn't happening.

If I did have a pic there, it would not be too big though!!! :lol:

keep the height 300 or less.. and make sure it doesn't require anyone to have to scroll the screen left and right to read the thread... and you're fine

What's this wire.

Yeah it's height and file size that are of issue. Wider than tall is better. Just like Snitty's.

Of course, what do I know, I AM the picture villian. :wink: :twisted:

Back