I don't like being the axe-hole of the group... but... I've notice that a couple people around here have some rather large signature pics... All of the large pics are on signatures of people who were not around when we enforced this rule back over a year ago... if you could reduce them to a size somewhere near the size of most other average sigs around here, that would be appreciated..

it is not so fun for our dialup users when they are skimming pages... and with the waves of spyware and adware hitting the world these days....the last thing anyone needs is something else slowing anyone up..

again... not trying to be a ^%$# here... but someone's gotta enforce it... if you have any trouble and are not sure of how to reduce the pic... i'll be pleased to help.. just PM me... thanks
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

If anyone needs help making their signature pic smaller, just send me a PM with your email address. I'll reduce the pic in your sig and email it back to you.

Harry

Although mine is large in appearance, it is only 21kb which is pretty small. Is mine causing a problem?

RE: Sorry if i come across as a mean-o

Friend Snitty you know you are a mean o heheheheheehe tug

Thanks Snitty, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want everyone to think that I was mean!

south, although your pic is relatively large, it is only 22k which is not bad at all... so in my opinion i say you are just fine
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

RE: 98 TJ Sport lift options

is mine too big?

RE: Sorry if i come across as a mean-o

So...Size does matter.

RE: Getting to see you all is great!

Even the large ones with a small file size are annoying, you have to scroll through so much fluff to read the posts.

Just looking at a forum page for a guideline in size, I'd say try to keep it the same height as the avatar and info under the avatar. I'd think that's plenty tall to show what you gotta show.

RE: Getting to see you all is great!

Quote Originally Posted by eat_sleep_jeep
    is mine too big?
    you're just fine
    93 YJ 4.0

11. Deja View!!! :wink:

Yep, it was just over a year ago: November 1, 2003.

For those interested, here is the original thread:

http://www.jeepz.com/index.php?name=...c+size&start=0

Now the last time this topic came up, it would seem that the consensus (A formal sig pic "standard" did not come out of the discussion) was that sig pic size should be limited to 300 x 300 with a file size of less than 30 k. (See Page-2 of the thread referenced above.)

Did something change?

Regards,

Gadget

RE: Manifold Destiny

So...Size does matter.
    ROFL I am TRYING to be good today! You are not helping XJ!!

LJF
    I have many addictions.. I mean hobbies!

is this big
    It used to be a jeep Thing,
    But all that stuff broke

-Johnny-

RE: New girl in town

Wow! Are you really saying that a Jeep can be too big?!?!

All mods to sig done by Twisted Copper.

RE: CHAT is ON!

i cant figure out the sig pic thing so whatever, your all just too freakin cool
    06 VW (hardcore crawler)

"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir

Will tires fit on wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by currupt4130
    i cant figure out the sig pic thing so whatever, your all just too freakin cool
    I can't either. I can post pics and all that other stuff, but getting a pic down there is just too much for me I guess. And yes, I have read the directions on how to do it, but it just isn't happening.

If I did have a pic there, it would not be too big though!!!

So is this one too big? It is 225 by 300 pixles.

So is this one too big? It is 225 by 300 pixles.
    No but there's just one problem with it. . .

its a chevy.

:wink: just kidding.

keep the height 300 or less.. and make sure it doesn't require anyone to have to scroll the screen left and right to read the thread... and you're fine
    93 YJ 4.0

What's this wire.

Yeah it's height and file size that are of issue. Wider than tall is better. Just like Snitty's.

Of course, what do I know, I AM the picture villian. :wink:

Currently own a 98 XJ bone stock, but click Here: For pics of my TJ and old XJ.