florida laws? where??

jcook

where can i find a site that has all the vehicle specs( if i can take the flares off, where to mount lights, how many lights, etc)?

Re: YJ rectangle to round grille conversion kit

jcook.....cool, I'm glad you posted. I was getting ready to send you an email. I need you to send(or resend) your shipping address. I've got your plate cut out. I didn't have any decent looking thin aluminum, so I cut it out of 16ga SS. Do you want a backing plate on it?

This is your design jcook:
image-missing.png

This is the one I made for me. I used your tires on my Jeep and put a backing plate behind it so I could add some color:
image-missing.png

And here is a keychain that I made from the same drawing:
image-missing.png

All 16ga 304SS

Thanks.

I've been making Jeep parts for friends for years, but never tried to make any money off of them. Most of my stuff is custom and most people wouldn't pay what it would take for me to actually make money off of it......so it's mostly for my own enjoyment. I've made skidplates, engine plates for conversions, bumpers, rocker guards, doors, SS firewalls, tons of dress-up stuff......you name it! I've basically been collecting a program inventory for years with plans of going into the Jeep accessory business. We recently sold our businesses and equipment(but I still have access to them), so I have to hold off until I can get a new fab shop going before I can try and make anything on a large scale. A CNC laser, CNC press brake, mills, lathes, tubing benders, welders, saws.....it all gets expensive........hopefully sometime next year I'll be up and running again.

new to me

Shame we kinda highjacked this thread, but Junk, that is amazing...can't wait to show it to mudwoman (she's an artist......really appreciates art - which is what I consider your work!). So, do I have this right.....you did it from an AutoCad drawing??? (I can really appreciate that!!)

And jcook, in answer to the original question, try the FDOT sit first.....I'm a licensed surveyor in Florida and used to work for several contractors down there, so I browse their government sites all the time....they're pretty extensive. I know there's a site where you can read the entire F.A.C. (Florida Administrative Code) if you have the time. Let Google help you out. Since it's not really Jeep related, you'll probably have more luck there!

Kazza Lite a pay site???

Hey, if you can get a red backplate throw that on. Btw, how are they held on?
What is the total that I owe you?
Let me know if and when we can try and start selling them. Anyone interested?
I agree with Accidentpron1985. I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.

Good work junkpile and thank you

Joshua Cook
203 Cypress Ave.
Clewiston, Fl 33440

Re: RE: round headlights

Thanks. I try. The drawing originated with Jcook, he drew the first one. I modified his drawing to make the one with the black background and the keychain. jcook used autocad I believe. I primarily use a program called procam II, it's just what I like the best but it's the pretty much the same as autocad.

Jcook-- The backing plate is spot welded on. If you look around the right mounting hole in the pic you can see where I had the machine set too high and made a burn mark. I'll stick a red painted plate on yours and ship it out in the next couple of days. I'll send you an email.

RE: Catch you all later on down he trail!

jcook said:
where can i find a site that has all the vehicle specs( if i can take the flares off, where to mount lights, how many lights, etc)?

Check here for starters.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in...tm&StatuteYear=2002&Title=->2002->Chapter 316

316.233 Spot lamps and auxiliary lamps.--

(1) SPOT LAMPS.--Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two spot lamps and every lighted spot lamp shall be so aimed and used that no part of the high intensity portion of the beam will strike the windshield, or any windows, mirror, or occupant of another vehicle in use.

(2) FOG LAMPS.--Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two fog lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands and so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall at a distance of 25 feet ahead project higher than a level of 4 inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting the above requirements may be used with lower headlamp beams as specified in s. 316.237(1)(b).

(3) AUXILIARY PASSING LAMPS.--Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary passing lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than 24 inches nor more than 42 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands. The provisions of s. 316.237 shall apply to any combination of headlamps and auxiliary passing lamps.

(4) AUXILIARY DRIVING LAMPS.--Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than 16 inches nor more than 42 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands. The provisions of s. 316.237 shall apply to any combination of headlamps and auxiliary driving lamps.

(5) VIOLATIONS.--A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

316.251 Maximum bumper heights.--

(1) Every motor vehicle of net shipping weight of not more than 5,000 pounds shall be equipped with a front and a rear bumper such that when measured from the ground to the bottom of the bumper the maximum height shall be as follows:

NET WEIGHT

Automobiles for private use:

Net weight of less than 2,500 pounds
22"F 22"R

Net weight of 2,500 pounds or more,
but less than 3,500 pounds
24"F 26"R

316.252 Splash and spray suppressant devices.--

(1) No person shall drive or operate, or cause to be driven or operated, any truck of gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more, any truck tractor, or any trailer or semitrailer the net weight of which is 2,000 pounds or more unless such vehicle is equipped with fenders, covers, or other splash and spray suppressant devices, such as substantial flexible flaps on the rearmost wheels of such vehicle or combination of vehicles, which will effectively prevent or minimize the splash or spray of water or mud and the throwing of other materials on the windshields of following vehicles. The provisions of this section shall not apply to vehicles used exclusively for the purpose of producing, processing, or transporting agricultural products, including horticultural products or forestry products.

Test your subconscience!

316.252 Splash and spray suppressant devices.--

(1) No person shall drive or operate, or cause to be driven or operated, any truck of gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more, any truck tractor, or any trailer or semitrailer the net weight of which is 2,000 pounds or more unless such vehicle is equipped with fenders, covers, or other splash and spray suppressant devices, such as substantial flexible flaps on the rearmost wheels of such vehicle or combination of vehicles, which will effectively prevent or minimize the splash or spray of water or mud and the throwing of other materials on the windshields of following vehicles. The provisions of this section shall not apply to vehicles used exclusively for the purpose of producing, processing, or transporting agricultural products, including horticultural products or forestry products.

my jeep is not a 26,000 lb truck, or truck tractor, or a trailer! Does this mean i can take them off....legally???

Back