Tools in your Jeep?

sHotWheels

Re: Hi & Help w/ yj wiring

Just kinda curious. When you go what do you bring? better yet, what would your 'survival tool kit' consist of?

First aid kit of course. Jug of water, some oil, 3/8 socket set, Torx bits for 3/8 ratchet, open end/box end wrenches, a couple of screwdrivers, some small vise grips, duct tape, electrical tape.....to be honest, I can't remember it all. I've got a little plastic tote box full of my wheeling tools.

First aid kit here also + fire extinguisher + CB. Oil, various tools (in a set), a couple of wrenches, a knife, a flashlight, gloves, shovel, tape, I'm sure there's a screwdriver in there somewhere.

I bring a TON of stuff. I usually carry 4 good size tool boxes filled with tools, oil (and all other fluids) water, CB, fire extinguisher, spare tires, spare axle shafts, drive lines, u-joints, and all kinds of other odds and ends.

I carry a fire extinguisher, CB radio, socket set, knife, duct tape, crazy glue (works great on blown coolant hoses), couple of screwdrivers of each type, roll of wiring, electrical tape, 30 foot tow strap, shovel and a hi-lift. Oh ya, I also sometimes carry my girlfriend so she can push when I get stuck...she says she's my wench in place of a winch.

THis is what I'm carrying for tomorrow:
Fire extinguisher, Hi-lift jack, straps, shackles, alot of hand tools (3/8" & 1/2" sockets,1/2" breaker bar, sae/metric combination wrenches, BFH, and other stuff), PB Blaster, oil, brake fluid, water, jumper cables, and a big bag of "Deltec" zip ties (the phone-man's duct tape :wink: ).

I need a first aid kit and a CB.
[edit] I almost forgot - my handheld GPS (Etrex Legend with metroguide software)

RE: Happy New Year JEEPZ!

Bottle of Stetson, rayon shirt, matching belt and shoes, gel, hairspray, mouse, comb, gold chains, a pack of Winstons, condoms, and a copy of Haddaway's: "What is Love?"

Re: RE: Re: Step into the Wayback Machine with me.....

mingez said:
Bottle of Stetson, rayon shirt, matching belt and shoes, gel, hairspray, mouse, comb, gold chains, a pack of Winstons, condoms, and a copy of Haddaway's: "What is Love?"

Sounds like some pretty dangerous territory, Mingez!! Better be careful out there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Re: RE: so if i add..

i have a quart or liter of every fluid i need and gallon of 50/50, a full tool box with every tool that ive had to use on my jeep before or on anyone elses, my cb, fire exting., first aid kit, hi lift, 4lb maul, a hatchet, extra spark plugs and a spark plug wire, an extra distributor cap, wd 40, a mag light, a 6inch ka-baar knife wedged between my seat and center console and as much music as possible

If you have no room in your rig, carry a cell phone and the AAA number! hehe

I too carry a lot of tools, more than I think I will ever need!
Also, I carry spare rear axle, u-joints, oil, atf, spray lube, belts, 110 inverter, drop light, blanket, grease gun, and so much more!

I will toss in a few screw drivers, duct tape, some box wrenches, duct tape, vise grips, socket set, duct tape, flashlight, oil, duct tape, framing hammer (hey you never know), duct tape, torx set, and a different color roll of duct tape, in case I am in a two tone mood!

IF YOU CAN'T DUCK IT F#CK IT!

88Wrangles said:
White said:
Everything I need, The forest already has.

Don't be calling me when you break down or get stuck :lol:

C'mon 88, you never whittled your own axle shaft out of some of that fine doug fir we got? Rund some of that clean Willamette H2o through the brake lines?

Wait....... maybe thats why my rig runs like sh*t !!!!

First Aid kit (a real one, not a walmart special), fire extinguisher, fully stocked tool box (1/2" and 3/8" drive, wrehcnes, hammer, torx an hex sockets, breaker bar, etc), flashlight, trash bags, jumpers

Need to get some proper tools in the Jeep, right now, I've my flashlight, jumper cables, couple screwdrivers, partial socket set, some spare wire of various gauges and lengths, duct tape, other odds and ends under the seat... Keep the axe, hatchet, woodpick, shovel, and snow-scraper bungeed in the cargo area...

Oh yeah, and spare bungees that I got for Christmas, because my mom was getting sick of hearing things slide all over the place when I made a turn... Useful for many applications, really...

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Test your subconscience!

Screws drivers, adjustable wrench, flashlight, cross wrench, jack, plugs and plug wires, fuses, a 20 something year old first aid kit that came with the jeep, jumpers, this real nice knife that turns into all these usefull tools, and plenty of duct tape.

Back