New Years at Greenridge

TwistedCU

OT- PS2 Poker Online

Greenridge State Forest (Flintstone, Maryland) is where I ended up going New years with my good friend Kevin and my Son Taylor ( 8 ).

It is not the most challenging trail around but there are some good hills and lots of mud. It was worth the trip, but we were a little disappointed there weren't more obstacles. It was however a good place for my friend to break in his relatively new RE 2.5" lift on his YJ. We should have gotten some pics of the climb up to the peak - it was steep and full of moderate rocks - one of the few challenges that offered no bypass.

The scenery was absolutely breathtaking as the 18 mile trail hits the parks highest elevation, overlooking the Potomac river and into West Virginia. It was fun and I'm glad we made the trip, but I think the next hit will be a monthly ride at Paragon.

Here's some pics we did shoot:

Taylor with his Christmas present (Daisy 880 with scope)
2Gr-3.jpg

Told ya it wasn't very challenging:
1Gr-3.jpg

This one made for a good pic:
3Gr-3.jpg

Me and my son standing a few feet from one hellacious drop-off:
4Gr-3.jpg

The YJ:
9Gr-3.jpg

Next to the transmission lines cutting over the mountain:
5Gr-3.jpg

That's the Potomac. The close side is MD, the far side is WV:
6Gr-3.jpg

Another pic of the rolling landscape. This pics don't do justice how awesome the view was:
7Gr-3.jpg

Twisted, I am truly envious. We spent the New Years on the interstates with our children spread far and wide. :( Glad to see someone had a great time!

RE: Thank you

Awesome pics buddy! Looks like some good fun. Pretty landscape.

So, are you still fiending for the SWB or are you starting to like the XJ a bit more?

mingez said:
So, are you still fiending for the SWB or are you starting to like the XJ a bit more?
Yes on both. I am determined to get the YJ on the road before Summer, but I'm lovin' the XJ.

White said:
Iam not a Mud person. but Here's what ya missed Twisted..
I am a front recovery point and new control arms away from one of the monthly rides up there and am very much looking forward to it. I just hope you and I are better at wheelin' together (I'm assuming you are at all of those events) than we are at exchanging posts :twisted:

RE: sorry guys (ellipses)

All pics are awesome. I wheeled some mud myself new years day (after the deer incident). Had a great time and took my bro for the first time local wheeling. Spent an hour and a half cleaning the jeep out afterwards, but it's always worth it. lol

THanks for sharing guys!
Lady

lol Twisted, White is one of the most generous and easy going jeepers you could meet (in person). Great ride captain too and knows Paragon like the back of his left hand.

RE: Jeep video

You two guys will end up drinking beer together, laughing, and talking smack about the weirdo in New Mexico.

Back