down to one jeep

ROGLSTUBB

Fortunatly only temporary, me and my wife are down to just one jeep. She was hit broadside on her door as she turned.

First and most importantly she was not injured. But the jeep for the most part is not functionaly driveable. Total damage of the estimate was $3900. Did a quite a bit of damage to the post between the doors and the the rear quarter panel. Drivers door would not open from outside and the rear door is so out of wack there is quite a bit of daylight between it and the roof. The rocker panel will have to be sectioned as well. Tire was hit and they believe it may have bent the rim.

It was hit by YJ which suffered only a driving light shattered and a slight bent bumper. If I had had the time I have all the material to make rock rails for both our jeeps in which the only damage would have been maybe to the plastic moulding.

We already miss her jeep, driving the rental home we both realized how spoiled we are. Since the driver of the other jeep was not insured are insurance picks up the entire bill including the rental for 20 days. The only thing were are stuck with is a lousy car for the next few weeks.

Thank goodness for nobody being hurt and a good insurance agent.

$3900 worth of damage to a 97 zj and its not totalled? wow.

ps - glad your wife is all good.

Re: RE: Re: RE: "Status", post counts, and problem

I think low value N.A.D.A. is still around 7K. So insurance wont total.

Glad to hear all is well... I'm really surprised, with that amount of damage, that there isn't any unibody damage, or at least not enough to total it out... Then again, though, body work costs a fortune, especially for insurance companies...

There is damage to the pillar between the doors but I was told that they would section this with the rocker to be replaced. I dont beleive that the whole pillar is bad just a few inches up from the bottom of the door where the impact took place. They said they are putting it on a frame rack but I am not sure how that works. Even if they were to total the jeep I think I would salvage it. I think that I could repair the damage myself but it would just take a while longer than they could do it. They quote stuff they just guess they will need. The put in the Grand Cherekee label on the drivers door and there is no damage even remotely close to it. The only damage on the drivers door was to the laredo black plastic trim panel. I dont think it hit the metal in the door. I went and took some pictures yesterday just havent uploaded them to computer. I dont think the damage is that bad it just the amount of body panels affected which is the reason why price is so high.

By the way I started my rock rail project yesterday. A little late to help my wifes but I can do mine and have her's ready when she gets her jeep back.

Back