What's your "stupidest" or "worst" stuck

RE: Site Error Message

A limo, happy? LOL!!!

Dropseys, back in 1990, we had a terrible windstorm, 115mph straightline winds for 30 minutes, leveled pretty much every tree for miles. My brother and I were out in the country checking houses, making sure everyone was ok when we came upon a police car from a neighboring town stuck in the ditch. They had tried driving around a downed tree and didn't make it. Of course, I offered to pull them out with my Toyota 4x4. Nothing to hook to on the rear of a patrol car, so I drive through the edge of the field to get to the front. Nothing there, either.....except for the tie rod. Ok.....it wasn't the brightest moment, but these cops really wanted to get out before their chief found out they were stuck, so I tie on and yank'em a half mile back to paved roads. When I went to untie the rope, the tie rod was bent in a horseshoe shape, and the front tires were towed in pretty badly. They didn't even notice as they continued on their journey, they were just very thankful we pulled them out. How would you have explained that one to the chief?

antsinmypants said:
can i go wheelin with you - get my jeep stuck - then get pouty
YAY FOR FREE BEER :)
mmmmmmmmmmmmm Kokanne
can you find the sasquatch? lol

Well hey, It got the guy to shutup :wink: :wink: .

Plus, I always like to have a good time wheeling, and if that's what it takes...that's fine with me :lol:

ARB

My position of getting stuck wasn't during a wheeling trip... just stupidity and laziness. Do yourself a favor and ALWAYS check your tires befored you leave.... cause I sure didn't this time. Up here, the temperature has started to warm up a bit, just to the point where ice and snow on driveways melts... Well, the temperature decided to decrease just a couple days ago to -10 C.... well. Let's just say I took off, but my tires didn't... :roll: (more like came off...lol) Come to find out, my tires were 4 inches in ice, guess that can do it. Now I gotta go buy new tires... :( Well, lesson learned I guess.

Oh, Gig!!! I've seen that happen one time here in Kansas, several years ago when I worked at a repair shop. It was only one tire, but it peeled the tread off all the way around the tire, leaving just the belt. The old guy drove about 2 miles that way to the shop.

If i dont get stuck, im not really wheelin ,you have to find what your limits are some how

Went to visit a buddy near Jacksonville, we are sitting around bored and he suggests we go hunting, it's like 2 AM. Take off in my jeep to a place we know, borderline swamp with lots of high foliage and criss crossing roads.
Really bad storm moves in, thunder, lightning, raining so hard you can hardly see, headlights and windshield covezed in mud. We get seriously lost, most of the roads are filling up with water, the whole area is going land under. I'm getting a little panicky about now. See a light way off in the distance, head that direction. See about a 15 foot slope in front of me, not a road but generally in the direction I've decided to travel. Get a run at it, come over the top and sink in up to the axles. Can't see much, windshield covered in mud, get out and walk right into a pole, notice the pole has a pennant with a number 7 on it.
A whole bunch of very angry golfers Saturday morning when they find out the golf course is closed, because my Jeep is still stuck on the 7 th hole.
And yes I got arrested, booked and even made the newspapers. Ended up costing me about $5000.

I was in a wash by my house in my old YJ and there was an embankment of sand in the middle about 3or4 feet high. I went to go over it, but as I aproached it I just KNEW I didn't have enough momentum and instead of stopping, and backing up to gain speed, I decided to hit it anyways. SURE enough, way too slow, I felt the skid plate hit the sand and all four started spinning spraying sand. OF COARSE being it was just a short little run, basically by the house, I had no Hilift jack, shovel, only a little bottle jack that would just sink into the soft sand. I looked around for rocks, sticks but eventually walked home and ran into a neighbor at the end of my driveway with a back hoe. VERY EMBARRESSING, He never left the hardpack, I strapped it up to his stinger bucket and he yanked me off backwards and I drove home. It rained the next day and the spot was underwater and washed away.

this was in killeen texas when i had my kia sorento 2wd... it could keep up with my buddies f350 turbo diesel (mind you there isnt a lot a rock crawling, more like, getting a bunch of speed and hitting mudholes)

well one night, it was like spur of the moment wheeling. so we are goin along, im in the lead like a scout vehicle so if i get stuck, he just pulls me out from the back. so we get to the part of the trail where we havent been any farther because there is this DEEP pond/mud hole. well it hadent rained in like 2 weeks so i get out and check the depth. im wearing pajama pants (like i said, spur of the moment). now what i should have done is not just halfassed it with throwing a 3 inch log into the water. because after everything settled, i could see the little thing pokin out the water. so i get in the sorento, and back up.

well, i hit it at about 30 mph and next thing you know, im bogged down in the middle of the mud hole with thick texas mud all the way up to my doors (about 12 inches) and the motor dies cause it hydro locks... so then after 3 hours or so, i get pulled out cause the tow strap we had wasnt big enough...

moral of the story... if you remove your inner fenderwells after hitting a dog and get bigger tires, redirect your intake so it doesnt suck up a bunch of swamp water and hydro lock...

(brushing my fingernails on my shirt) Ah... probably the most easily avoidable stuck I've been was about 4-5 years ago. I had just put a 6000 superwinch on the front of my '76 CJ-5 with 4"s of lift, 33" MT's & an AMC 360 (I feel bulletproof) & I wanted to see how well it would work... yes, I went LOOKING to get stuck :/ . I stopped over my buddy's house after work & asked if I could go out onto the trails... the FOURWHEELER TRAILS! He said no because they were all over the right side of the woods & at times left the property... but after several beers later, he said we could go trailblazing straight back... Well, OK! His wife just rolled her eyes as he climbed into the Jeep wearing kakhi(sp?) pants, a polo shirt & topsiders. We idled back to the tree line to see where the best point of entry would be & decided that there was no BEST but one looked as good as any... Putting along in 4 low, we were making good headway occasionaly in deep (20-24") standing water. We came to an old drainage ditch that he had never seen before (we're still on his property... right?) but it was heavily wooded on either side. The best spot I could find without running over any trees was smack between two huge hickory trees & the only way I could go through was straight on... I've alwasy been told to cross things one wheel at a time (i.e. at an angle). This ditch was about 20' across from side to side & didn't look that menacing, it wasn't steep, looked fairly solid & if need be there are a million trees around us. Well I eased the front end down & watched as the tires slowly dissappeared to the rim. I threw it in reverse but it did nothing but spin all four tires. My buddy Chuck is beside me laughing telling me "Well... this is what you wanted!". I put it in 1st & whompped the skinny pedal making the 360 scream! I went down, down, down & the ground was getting higher... sorry. I made it all the way across... well, almost. The bank on the otherside stopped me dead in my tracks. The nice sloping ditch was really a V & my new winch that I wanted to try so badly was burried in the mud with the Jeep bolted to it. Chuck jumped out to dry land & took photos while I dug & dug & dug till I found the hook... well I started pulling in the cable while spinning tires as the front bumper dug into the bank like an old steam shovle... I got to the other side & un-hooked the tree & reviewed the photos... While Chuck had jumped out, he had forgotten to close his door & it is now caked in mud. Neither of us saw this until he got in & closed the door... covering himself in mud... Same story more or less coming back through...
Moral of the story: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, you might just get it

My first outing with my Jeep. Was chin wagging to the Missus when I drove off the line into a small bowl of soft sand.

To make matters worse I was wearing a "Land Rover" T shirt and cap at the time.

Attachments

• stuck jeep.JPG
    stuck jeep.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 416
I have a lot of different stories but I'll only tell the times that I've gotten stuck in my Jeep.
My first time I ever got stuckwas when I was a sophmore in high school and I was out on a trail (with my completely stock 95' yj) the trail was called the "power lines". I had been through this trail before but not alone. So I was driving along and I see an opening to a field and thinking about going in it on my way back. I get to the end of the trail and make up my decision that I'm going to go into the field for just a few minutes and then get out of there before anyone sees me. I get to the enterance and start creeping my way in and see theres some mud so I give it some gas and made it about 12 feet and my axles are completely submerged at this point. I call my girlfriend I had at that time and she comes and picks me up and I we get back near where my jeep is stuck at. We brought boards and shovels to hopefully dig out the wheels and put the boards under the tires. Then we hear a tractor. I start running for the field and see a tractor with a mower on the back about the cut the hay. I ask the driver if he could pull me out and he says, the only way he would is if he can take pictures of it on his cell phone to show people. We get it all hooked up and he pulls me out and i get around to the enterance of the field and I get stuck again so he hitches it back up and I get back on my way. After that I knew I have to invest in a lift and tires.

My next story is of me getting my jeep stuck on a path called the "**** pit". with it newly upgraded with a 2.5" suspension lift and 31" BFgoodrich mud terrains. I get to the enterance of the hole and the mud on the edge of it is so slick it slides my front tires right in. I floored it and got my front 2 tires over a knoll and my frame was just resting right in the middle of it and tried to use my 2.5 ton come-along to get me out but it obviously broke. I had to call my brother in-law and he came and pulled me out with his F-250 and even that had a hard time getting me out so I knew I was really stuck. I haven't been back sense and won't ever will be back, since then I've found out its illegal to be down there.

My last story is the worst and most crazy. I went over to my friends sisters house and was looking to see what everyone was up to and he threw out the idea of going out trail riding. I wanted to go so me, my friend, his now ex girlfriend, and my friends now ex brother in-law. We got to a part of the trail that looked like a small stream was running through. I thought I could make so of course I wanted to go for it. I put it in 1st gear and 4-low. I floored it and after about 15 feet of a downward slope I was up to my axles in the worst mud I've ever been in, so far.
I couldn't back out because going up hill in 2 feet of mud would be a whole hell of a lot harder than going down. My friend, me, and the other guys all helped to dig my tires out atleast 4-5 times and each time I would move forward 6-7 feet. We finally get to a point with a tree thats about a foot wide crossing where we have to go and I don't have an axe with me so we look around for anything sharp. We find a rock with a sharp edge and beat away at the tree for the next 2-3 hours. We finally get it chopped away enough to where we can lift it enough to split it and move it out of the way. I get my jeep up on to hard ground but there wasn't very much but enough to get speed to get up a hill that had about a 20% grade, that also had rock slate in the middle which is completely smooth and can't get much traction on it. I tried and tried to get my little 4cyl up that hill maybe 15-20 times and just wouldn't go. We let it cool down and I went back down and did a few more times, it still wouldn't go so i back up to the other side of the mound and gave her all she got and barely had enough power to make it up over the hill. We get to my friends brothers pizza place and everyones parents are there and well all got into deep **** for a long time. It made for a great story though..sorry its so long, hope you enjoy

My stupidest stuck had nothing to do with weelin. I got my finger stuck between the belt and pulley. dint ask how its to embarrassing. LOL

I live in Alberta. I am big into photography and often wheel alone to get the perfect shot. I know bad idea. I'm usually very well prepared for broken anything and a week in the bush is no big deal. Well I was traversing a side hill and it was pretty slick. Well needless to say I slide down and my front and rear bumpers landed between two trees. With little more than an inch. Good thing I had a chainsaw. So got outta tgat and back up the hill with the help of my winch. Carry on. About a mile later I was driving on what I thought was dry land and my wheels sunk out of sight. ( gotta love Alberta muskeg.). Well two more hours of digging. High lift. And winching I decided to call it a day. One of my Many stories. Lol.

Back