Polar Bears

Ritt

A pic taken from the USS Hawaii above the Arctic Circle

pictureJPG-4.jpg

RE: Chat site problem

Thats a nice pic. Nice to see we are patrolling the artic. You never know what those polar bears are hiding
:)

Yea the super bowl is over!!

Thats an awesome pic! I too am glad that the arctic is in good hands...

If I was a polar bear, I would be POd if a sub came blasting up through the ice to take pictures at me...

But then, that's just me :)

You'd think that submarine would have scared the crap out of those guys when it came flying up through the ice and into the air.

...Or maybe it had been there for a few days...

I found the background on that pic.

These were taken from the USS HONOLULU (SSN 718, a 21 year old Los Angeles class attack submarine based in the Pacific) near the Arctic Circle, about 450 kilometers from the North Pole. As Spring approaches, the bears head for land. During the Winter, they stay on the ice, feeding on seals that surface for air. These three bears are probably a mother and two adolescent cubs. Normally, the polar bears travel and hunt alone. The bears were no doubt disappointed that this large critter breaking through the ice was not edible.

They also had some other pics of a polar bear trying to EAT thetail of another sub.

image-missing.png

Story here: http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=bear_sub1.htm

RE: Jeep Compass ?

I had a few other clear pics to go with this one but I lost them. Honolulu is correct, there is no Hawaii. That would be a Boomer if there was.

Back