Here we go again......the end of the world is near!

My opinion: The Bible says that there will be some powerful world leader that will make everyone recieve a "mark" I have often thought that some impending disaster or bioligical scare would help him achieve this also.

Think back in American History and the Great Depression, after people were starving for a few years then the social security program was rolled out and people stood in line to get a "number" so they could feel safe again.

As for this story, that is reason number 9 out of 35 that my family home-schools.

RE: Hardwiring an IPOD - 2002 GJC

I am all about progression and trying new ideas in an effort to better society. I think the first problem is that they didnt get the parents buy off on it. I wouldnt want my kids (if I had kids) being subjected to something new with out my approval. :roll:

Not to hijack the thread, but I would be real interested on why you guys decided to home school instead of public school. The only people who didnt go to public school that I knew of went to a private school.

XJ steering problem...

If you want to, start a thread about it so we won't jack this one up. :)
I think it would be a good exchange

90Xjay - not totally accurate -

Mark of the beast (from the book of Revelation) - A certain group of people were forced to get marks on their forhead or right hand in order to trade (no mark, no food). These people were said to worship the beast (and in this story, there really was a beast that would come along and kick your butt). Some Angels came along and slew the beast, and all people with the mark were invited to burn in hell for all eternity. Those people who told the beast off before the angels came were invited to kick it old school in heaven.

Tons more info here - http://www.av1611.org/666/

Re: RE: Re: RE: drive shaft angles? what should they be? hel

Rev 13:16,17 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

Terry,
Every Bible commentary I have, and I have several, all agree the the "he" in these verses is anti-christ himself, this person is different from the beast. You say it is a certian group of people who will have to get the mark, however, it is indeed "all" great,small,rich,free,poor who want to be able to buy, sell, trade, eat. etc..

Also something important that folks read right over later in the book
it reads..

Chapter 14, verse 9,10
"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:"

If you worship the beast,and his image, and receive the mark -- not "or" but "and"

What if some children are born during this time and at the hospital they get the "mark" after being born, they still could choose to not worship the beast and his image. What if the mark is a computer chip implanted under the skin? Notice it said "in the right hand" or "in the forhead" not "on"

How much privacy do grade school kids need???? Personally, with they way kids are ending up nowadays, it would have my vote...

RE: Do YJ half doors have locks?

laneiac said:
How much privacy do grade school kids need???? Personally, with they way kids are ending up nowadays, it would have my vote...

Yeah but what if you didnt vote on it and one day you found out the schools were cattling your kids around. I would be open minded to anything that would help protect the kids but you have to think, if they didnt ask you about this what else are they trying out on your kids?

Isn't this similar to house arrest for criminals???

The only difference is that we are talking about grade school here and the kids are 9.5 times out of 10 completely innocent. I wonder how many of them really understand what is going on.

I know if I told my kids they would be tracked by a radio frequency they would have no clue what I was talking about!

To me it's a sad day when we treat grade schoolers like criminals!

Back