Heard of this Winch?

Never heard of it. But...I've never heard of my "Duke" winch, either. Mines Asian made (probably the same with that one) but has performed ok so far. I'm dreading the day when I've gotta talk to some Chinaman on the phone to get a part I need. But, you can't beat the price.

to each his own on how much they want to spend and what they've heard about reliability. all i know that for 500 bucks, 5ft per minute is awfully slow for line speed. thats half as fast as a warn m8000 pulling on 4k pounds. for my money, depending on what you can find for a price, its worth the extra 100-300 bucks for the warn. just MHO. lifetime warranty, no questions asked, and you know what you're getting for quality. i dont doubt that people with no name brands have had some great experiences with their winch, but its nice to know that when you need it the most, that warn is going to work.

edit: and i actually found that the m8000 currently goes for $639 on quadratec with a hawse fairlead, thats 140 extra dollars well spent in my book.

RE: rear shock/spring bound

4 wheel parts has a milemarker winch for that price with a roller fairlead.

but thats a 10,000lb.......if comparing apples to apples the 8,500lb is $389.99..with roller fairlead...thats a $250 savings over the Warn m8000. Not debating here just asking..is it worth spending an extra $250 on something that might not get used everytime You go out?

RE: Re: TOP DOWN!!!

bchcky said:
all i know that for 500 bucks, 5ft per minute is awfully slow for line speed. thats half as fast as a warn m8000 pulling on 4k pounds.
Gotta compare apples to apples, and I think the BigRoc's 8.5K winch's line speed at full load (8500lb.) was 7.2 Ft/Min. The Warn M8000's line speed at full load (8000lb.) is listed as 8.01 Ft/Min. Not that far apart.

I agree with a lot about what you said, as I've come to learn you generally do get what you pay for. Having said that, I'd probably be looking for an inexpensive import winch had I not gotten such a deal in my used Warn 8274.

bfg muds vs. mtr

Bounty__Hunter said:
Having said that, I'd probably be looking for an inexpensive import winch had I not gotten such a deal in my used Warn 8274.

Great minds think alike. 8274 kicks butt!

2" body lift

Call Dennis at Collins Bros Jeep or see at collinsbrosjeep.com they have Black Mountain brand with mount plate with roller fairlead 10,000 is $489 8,000 is 469

RE: 2" body lift

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
but thats a 10,000lb.......if comparing apples to apples the 8,500lb is $389.99..with roller fairlead...thats a $250 savings over the Warn m8000. Not debating here just asking..is it worth spending an extra $250 on something that might not get used everytime You go out?

Kinda thought the same thing till I bought a winch . It's the most used mod EVER on my jeep. Every time I wheel it is used either for myself and more often, for others. I'm about to install my second winch cable in a year. I know I'm hard on things but it's had a ton of use too. Personally, I have a MM 9000E and it works for me. Yea, reeling it in is slow as heck but it's allright for the cost I paid for it.

Good luck in your purchase!
Lady

P.S. Hi Derek!!

RE: Re: RE: Re: DISASTER NEED HELP

Yeah DerekC pulled this post out of archives.....I go Monday to see about trading 2 3000# Ramsey winches NIB for a NIB Warn 8000# and a mount plate at the shop I got my lift installed......

Airing Down....

hmm everyones got an interesting point in winches.... but i have seen warns and ramseys mostly and i think the ramsey is faster and stronger than the warn.... i have the platnum 9k and it has pulled a lot of stuff and it hasnt given me a problem... till the day i was drunk and let the line spool up all on one side and broke the top of the winch and blew up solenoid.. but it still works after i replaced the solenoids.... but to each his own as it was said earlier.

RE: Airing Down....

jeepin916 said:
it hasnt given me a problem... till the day i was drunk and let the line spool up all on one side and broke the top of the winch and blew up solenoid...
:roll:

Back