2006 or 07 Redesigned Wrangler

southtj

RE: Re: RE: Yep

Does anyone know anymore details about this? All I can find are articles refering to plant issues about the redesign.

The $900-million, multi-factory Toledo Jeep Assembly plant under construction will start building the redesigned Jeep Wrangler and a four-door version of the famed sport-utility vehicle within five weeks of each other next year, but DaimlerChrysler AG hasn't decided which will come first.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050218/BUSINESS02/502180367/-1/BUSINESS

From Car and Driver:
The 2007 Wrangler, due in late '06, will get revised door framing and considerable cosmetic changes.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=36&article_id=8588

There is just not any info on this out there that I can find. Anyone know anything?

Big heap secret... sshhhhh! :roll:

JP Magazine throws a hint or two out there every once in a while.

I can't imagine after all these years Jeep would be dumb enough to put IFS on the Wrangler......but, I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to give it coil-overs and a car dash board, either.....

Black soft top for a YJ with all hardware

it seems like anything jeep looks at as progressive, we, the hardcore jeepers, find offensive and appaling. i am right on with no ifs, it would just out and out ruin the jeep legacy as being one of the few dual solid axle vehicles left. i think a lot more people would be attracted to jeep though if they made a move to change some stuff and give them more creature comforts and a better ride, how much better do you need though? the tj already rides on car spings

Sparky-Watts said:
I can't imagine after all these years Jeep would be dumb enough to put IFS on the Wrangler......but, I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to give it coil-overs and a car dash board, either.....

Hey now that's not fair. :lol:

Look at it this way. They could have IFS instead of coils and solid axles.

What to do What to do

freido said:
jeez what happen to the faith in jeep.

Well, ummm, this for starters:

image-missing.png

RE: never again!!!maybe?

Oh god, what in the H%#L was that. Are they trying to DESTROY the Jeep name?

RE: Sway Bar Annoyance

freido said:
jeez what happen to the faith in jeep.

Discontinuing the XJ had a lot to do with it for me... Or when I went to the dealership to get some warranty work done, and was told when I asked that if I do anything to it short of lights, I will void any and all warranties, lifts destroy transmissions, and mv V-6 needs a trans flush :evil:

RE: Re: RE: Re: SugaMamas

Getting rid of 4.0 litres for starts. Evemn the new GC has either the Hemi or the 3.8L. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Also heard Wranglers are going the way of 3.8L. Yuck!

All I can say is... IFS works rather well. You just have to get used to it, and it is perfectly capable of doing what over 90% of 4x4 owners do off-road. As for the 3.8l v6 - it has more power than the 4.0l and is more fuel efficient, why would you not want it?

Old Man Emu

for the record, its a 3.7L V6... not a 3.8. and its only slightly better on HP... torque is about the same.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 or 07 Redesigned Wrangler

Sparky-Watts said:
Oh, now you're just getting mean! Ok, I'll give you that one for the Surrey and Sheep thing........ :wink:

LOL...JK, of course. :lol:

graewulf said:
All I can say is... IFS works rather well. You just have to get used to it, and it is perfectly capable of doing what over 90% of 4x4 owners do off-road. As for the 3.8l v6 - it has more power than the 4.0l and is more fuel efficient, why would you not want it?

I am a big fan of the simplicity and reliability of the old standby inline 4.0L 6.

As for IFS, what about lifting it? Sure you can if you have $3K :shock: And still you have much more limited wheel travel and many more parts to break.

Why on earth would they want to do that to a SWB Jeep? I don't think they will, at least not this go round.

Back