Got CB installed

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper

Well after procrastinating long enough I finally mounted the ol' Cobra. My radio hasn't worked in a couple of years so I pulled it out and mounted the CB in the dash in it's place. Even pluged up for an external speaker and wired it to the speakers in my sound bar...now I have a speaker right above my head!. :shock:

Gonna go ahead and keep the 40 chl. hand held in the console...that way if I ever need a spotter they can talk to me without holler'n! :wink:

It's an older Cobra with a side mount mic...so it sticks out about 3" but thats ok...at least I have one now. :D

Re: RE: CB ????

In after thought of the post...what channel does everyone run when they are wheeling?......is there a "set" channel?

RE: heater box question

We usually use channel 4 or 7

Congratulations on the install though! Do you have any pics?

here is shot I just took...like I said, because of the side mount mic I could recess it back any farther...not a bother though...at least not for now
image-missing.png

haha great way to mount it! i have a tuffy security console with the stereo place and a squeezed my cb in there, i love it there. i imagine your gonna heat your hands on that thing a lot... a+ for originality and uniqueness

Hey, looks like you've got a place to set your beer now! Not that I advocate wheelin' and drinkin'........

I mounted my little CB down under the ash tray in the YJ. I still haven't built my speaker box for it, though, so I can't really hear anything on it while I'm driving. I'm going to put a small speaker in the tray on the top of my console. Being deaf in my left ear really makes it harder to hear the CB, so I'm thinking having the speaker right there by my right elbow will help a ton. I never thought of wiring it into the stereo speakers. I've got both front speakers unhooked right now, wonder if there's enough power to run all three from the CB? Anyone know?

Looks good, bud! I'm usually on 19, but when I get in town in Wichita, I switch to 4 because I know a lot of Jeepers there run 4....

because of the side mount mic I could recess it back any farther...not a bother though...at least not for now.

Did you try to removed the side mount mic and relocate it somwhere else so you could recess the CB?

Wiper Motor replacement on 94 Cherokee Sport

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
here is shot I just took...like I said, because of the side mount mic I could recess it back any farther...not a bother though...at least not for now

Did you try to removed the side mount mic and relocate it somwhere else so you could recess the CB?

RE: I need a WRANGLER in OREGON.................... BAAAAAAD

Because of the shot I took I am assuming you thought I ment where the Mic hangs.....I acually ment on the other side where the mic cord plugs into the unit. I tryed to get it in pass the dash front but there was just not enough room to slip it in.
But ...it did allow me to leave the hanger where it was at so thats cool..

Back