Help i might be losing my jeep..

jeepin916

what do i do????? younger sister is goin to college soon and its in upstate NY, theres allways lots of snow there and many vehicals cant get around and ppl get stranded. I was just asked to give up my jeep so she can go to school at the end of this year, what should i do? what can i do? this also makes things bad for the jeep... now its got a fully built V8 with lots of power, over 8 inches of lift... locked up front and rear so that makes it bad to drive on dry pavement. now is that something a young college student be driving?

hmmm... Big, Fast, Go anywhere jeep......

only one good thing about the jeep for a college student that i can think off... nothing short of an 18 wheeler will hurt it not even rolling over...

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Wont start unless i hit the gas.

Dude, yer gonna make ME cry, don't give it up! ! ! please don't give it up!

Find something else for her. It's that simple!!

I WOULD NOT give up a vehicle like that to someone in her position. It would be WAY too easy for it to get wrecked or stolen or something else.

Help her find a stock Jeep or something else that would be easier/safer.

WTB: TPS IAC VALVE GROMMETS

thats what i was thinking, easily wrecked.... im not too woried about it gettin stolen, there isnt that many TJ's lifted that high and done up like mine is. Im looking for a stick jeep now just talked to a wholesaler and even he says that there not easy to come by. maybe i should fine a used blazer or something hehe

RE: #@$%!*&^ red light

88Wrangles said:
Find something else for her. It's that simple!!......

I'm quite sure that not everyone in upstate NY owns a Jeep, much less a built one, and the rest of the masses seem to cope quite well....I don't see the problem.

RE: Cats. on or off

A little Econmy car will be fine for a collage student.

Lower insurance rates
cheaper to fill up at a ga$ $tation
AAA for if she does get in a jam

RE: Revolver Shackles

hahaha AAA.... i seeen a few tow trucks this winter stuck on the side of the road, i dotn think they can help if there stuck hehehe.... well see what happens. i would be funny to hear that my jeep had to pull out a tow truck stuck in the snow tho hehehehe

I drove a Tow truck for 2 years never got stuck :)

It was nice in the winter I would just drive around and people would flag me down to get them unstuck. AAA never knew about those :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Help i might be losing my jeep..

ohhh yea u never got stuck... that means ur a good driver then hehe and that there are idiot drivers here hehehehehe, i seen a few stuck this winter, it was pretty funny but its probably the drivers fault or stupidity......

No way Jose! A college student needs a beater. Like a saturn. Those things run forever, are cheap, and they are front wheel drive which means they are good in the snow. I say buy a beater saturn and be done with it.

mud4feet said:
88Wrangles said:
Find something else for her. It's that simple!!......

I'm quite sure that not everyone in upstate NY owns a Jeep, much less a built one, and the rest of the masses seem to cope quite well....I don't see the problem.

Actually, by law everyone in upstate NY must own a jeep :lol:

A college student needs a beater.
If you have a good built up Jeep that doesn't see a lot of pavement, most people will think it's a beater with all the dents and scratches in it. I say get her a Jeep, stock to semi-built form.

Weeeee Are The Champions...

Sully said:
No way Jose! A college student needs a beater. Like a saturn. Those things run forever, are cheap, and they are front wheel drive which means they are good in the snow. I say buy a beater saturn and be done with it.

...yep. And aren't they disposable?? :D :D

RE: Weeeee Are The Champions...

I had a saturn SC1 in college, I hated the damn thing. Actually thats what lead me to get my first TJ

if she ends up getting the jeep she will probably think that she is invincible in snow due to the tires lift etc... mud tires and lockers in the ice with her thinking that she can't wreck in that jeep, will get her hurt badly. she would be better off with some little rice burner, and a healthy fear of the snow and ice.

RE: This is where I got hooked...

hehehe a rice burner hehehe good point jeep90

Back