I can't figure this one out.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
mud4feet said:
LadyJeepFreak said:
..........If not, I'm sure the media provided it, which we all know is not to be trusted..................

Lady

X2

So, now the media is biased??? 8)

Read my earlier response to this. I never base any judgement or decision on the mainstream media's coverage. They are for entertainment purposes only! It appears from this thread that Mark (90xjay) doesn't either.

When I tap my keyboard in debate on things I am passionate about I come both prepared and informed. Those who are not are cast to the body lift debates :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Which one

What is there to debate? What arguement can be made for her to be starved to death considering all the facts surrounding this woman's situation?

What I want to know is how can a man who has had children with another woman and lives with them (considered common law marraige in Fla where they live) be legally considered her husband and have the right to decide anything for her when she has a loving family wanting to do so?

I want to know is why when she won a 33 million dollar malpractice suit she was put in hospice care instead of rehabilitation by her loving hubby who just wants what's best for her?

What I want to know is why anyone whould side with her former husband (he can't be legally married to both women)?

What I want to know is why is food considered life support?

What I want to know is why this woman is being given morphine instead of food?

It's sick, it's wrong, I'm out.

mingez said:
And the lesson learned is: Get a living will.

X2 once again. Me and mudwoman gotta do that.......if it's me, pull the plug, let me starve, whatever.................how 'bout a debate on "What is life?" :shock:

in austin , san antonio area....trials??

mingez said:
And the lesson learned is: Get a living will.

That defines "Life support equipment".

RE: yet another newbie...

in responce to twisted copper...whats with the personal attack? are you so " prepared and informed " that another persons opinon is below you ? i was going to get out of this conversation because i felt it was going to get nasty and after being off the board for a year i didnt want to start back with an arguement but apparently you dont have that concideration.

Will this body tub swap work?

Can't we all just get along?

I might be changing my mind here. I just recently got married and my wifes aunt is in a very similar condition to Schiavo. Yet she's been at every family function I've been to for the last two years. She doesn't say anything and barely acknowledges you're there, but she is aware of everything that's going on. She's confined to a wheel chair and fed thru a tube also. Unfortunately for us there is nothing anyone can do about it. And more importantly nothing anyone should do about it. Especially the politicians.
However, they (husband and wife) screwed up and didn't have a living will defined. And that just leaves it up to your word against what you think was hers. No one person can or ever will know what was said except for her husband. In the end it will be between him and God. Unfortunately, stuff like this just waistes alot of time and money that could've been better spent elsewhere.

She doesn't say anything and barely acknowledges you're there, but she is aware of everything that's going on. She's confined to a wheel chair and fed thru a tube also. Unfortunately for us there is nothing anyone can do about it.

How rude of her to do that!!!

RE: yet another newbie...

90Xjay said:
She doesn't say anything and barely acknowledges you're there, but she is aware of everything that's going on. She's confined to a wheel chair and fed thru a tube also. Unfortunately for us there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I don't think he meant that the way it came out. Semantics is all.

As for the debate, it's a sad situation, and there are interesting points on both sides. From the tone of some of the posts it's apparent that we have some very passionate opinions on this topic. I like what Junkpile had to say on the matter.

As for "Not getting along." Even if it gets heated, I still say it's better to have the discussion, then no discussion at all. I think so far, it's been "Quippy" but I don't think anyone's gotten out of line.

Remember, everyone's opinions are valid! Even if they don't coincide with your personal perception of values and ideals.

RE: speakers

mingez said:
90Xjay said:

I don't think he meant that the way it came out. Semantics is all.

As for "Not getting along." Even if it gets heated, I still say it's better to have the discussion, then no discussion at all. I think so far, it's been "Quippy" but I don't think anyone's gotten out of line.

Remember, everyone's opinions are valid! Even if they don't coincide with your personal perception of values and ideals.

The "not getting along" line was meant more as a sarcastic attempt to lighten everyone up a bit. I could care less if we all beat eachother up about it. In the end I'll turn off my computer and get back to work on the Jeep and this won't matter in the slightest.

As far as 90Xjay's comment I think he did misinterperet my original statement. What I meant was it's their business and noone elses. If the rest of my wifes family wanted to let her die they have no say in the matter. It's between my aunt and her husband. The very unfortunate part of this whole subject is undoubtedly the politicians using this as a vote getting tool.

That's enough from me. I'll be in the garage if anyone cares.

The "not getting along" line was meant more as a sarcastic attempt to lighten everyone up a bit. I could care less if we all beat eachother up about it.

And what I meant is it's not a bad thing that we have debates. I think it's healthy...so long as it's all above the belt. Which so far it's been.

That wasn't directed specifically at you. I know you were just trying to lighten things up. And kudos for that! :wink:

RE: Large turkey sub

duff said:
in responce to twisted copper...whats with the personal attack? are you so " prepared and informed " that another persons opinon is below you ? i was going to get out of this conversation because i felt it was going to get nasty and after being off the board for a year i didnt want to start back with an arguement but apparently you dont have that concideration.

No personal attack here. I just thought it strange to enter a discussion with an opposing view only to quickly opt out by saying you dont want to enter a debate. Why bother?

No, no one's opinion is below me, but if I disagree with it I'm gonna speak up and support my own views. If you are not willing to support yours then you are right, you don't want a debate. As for me, I love a good debate.

My comment was more to bait you than to insult you and admittedly was a bit of a taunt. Sorry if it came off as an insult but I assure you it was not meant to be personal. Same goes for you Mud :wink:

I wonder what Shiavo's common law wife is doing about a living will at this time 8)

RE: Re: RE: will this transmission work ?

yeah , i probably shouldnt have jumped into a coversation as charged as this one then quickly gotten out . you oviously have a stong opinion about this case and so do i . willingness to support my views is'nt a problem for me but like i said, i did'nt want to start off my posts in a heated debate. the body lift post was a {failed ?} lighthearted attempt to change the subject. so are we cool?

No offense taken here, TC. I stuck my opinion of the media in a place where it really didn't belong. I didn't really want to join the discussion because as close to it as I was geographically (at one time), I really was uninformed (probably still am.....just the videos). But mudwoman and I have had some good discussions on this......she is much more personally affected by similar situations than I.......she reminded me that brain function and personality have nothing to do with the soul......noone knows what is going on with her soul........and my feelings are starting to gel. You have raised very valid points in regards to "life support" as opposed to a feeding tube. And I saw an interview this morning with the "husband?". Questionable character, to say the least.

I guess, basically, I believe that if God wanted her dead, she'd be dead. Keep feeding her and lets see what she teaches us.

another mere human trying to do right,
mud

90Xjay said:
If she only were a dog or horse she would have better rights :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah... they would have shot her years ago and put her out of her misery instead of forcing the family & hospitals to spend countless $$$ keeping her alive.

graewulf said:
90Xjay said:
If she only were a dog or horse she would have better rights :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah... they would have shot her years ago and put her out of her misery instead of forcing the family & hospitals to spend countless $$$ keeping her alive.

Sorry, I haven't seen any "misery".................................except ours, trying to figure this one out.

i be needin some soft uppers

graewulf said:

Nobody has forced her family to keep her alive. She'd be dead if not for them fighting for her right to have food (oops, I mean.. life support :roll: .

She is not in a coma or completely unconcious. She reacts to people around her, she smiles at people. Doctors have documented that she stands a chance to be rehabilitated, albeit slim. Those are pretty harsh words.

I for one, would never consider money an object in deciding a living person's fate. Would you? How about if it were your wife or your daughter? Think about that for a minute. Would you deny your heart beating, lung breathing, eyes open and face smiling at you daughter or wife a chance at rehabilitation if you thought she had even a slim chance and just chaulk it up to a wasted life and an unnecessary expense and then simply let her starve to death? I'd bet not Graewulf. I'd hope not. No one with love in their heart could.

You people have to understand that this woman's husband has decided that he would be best served if Terry Dies. He has denied her opportunity for rehab, denied her comforts, denied her sunlight, and now the (now common law husband and father) whale turd wants to deny her food and her life altogether.

What life you ask? Well who are you to ask? God only knows what may become of her life, that is unless of course she is dead.

If we can starve this woman who is concious, where will that lead? 20 years from now people in a condition like Christopher Reeve was in could become good candidates for a good ol' "Shiavo". Have we really come to this? A society that evaluates the worthiness of a human life?

This is not about Republicans, Democrats, Judges, Lawyers, Pro-lifers, money, or anything else to me.

It's about a helpless and harmless woman lying in a bed who cannot chew her food or speak. A woman who has a slim chance of recovery but whose only contribution to our world may very well end up being a mere occasional smile or look of joy on her face.

Heck that's alot more than so many people offer to this world.

RE: WEBER CARB backfire

Yeah misery,

with that reasoning and thought process, graewulf, go over to see Steven Hawking and put him out of his "misery" too.

After all the guy can't walk, or even talk or feed himself.........

Doesnt this still come back to the fact that her husband and her had a conversation before this happened and she said she didnt want to be kept alive if she were in a condition like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back