WARN WINCH 8274

west747

RE: Recovery Points

i figured more people might see this thread than in the wanted section but i am looking for a warn 8274 motor for my winch. the holes are getting pretty deep this time of year and i could really use this winch. I have both the keyed and splined motor gears so either type would do...

for the chat does anybody know what other motors i may be able to use instaed of a warn 8274 motor? thanks guys

RE: Mingez...strange search results on your name...

What about just having it rebuilt locally? There has to be an electric motor rebuild shop somewhere around you. They may be able to find something that would work in one of the million cross referenced parts indexes they would have.

true...i did call around looking for a warn motor but forgot to ask if anything else might fit... i have hear that an old ford starter motor may fit but the shaft is too short...:(

the fellow who i had look at the winch motor said that theose type of motors cant be re-wound :( evrything as looks new in the case...the armatures and and even the case look new i dont know what happened to this motor...i havent ever been abl;e to get it going which sucks cause i bought the winch under the assumtion that the motor was brand new :evil:

Call Warn and ask them. Dad got a XD8000 for his scrambler and it arrived with a dent in the end of the motor cover (cosmetic flaw). Dad called them and they sent a whole new motor to him free of charge. Granted he bought the winch new but Warn's customer service is excellent. I'm sure they would sell you a replacement motor for a reasonable price.

i dont have the kind of money that warn sells a new motor for..LOL..i have already had my supplier price one for me:(

RE: Four wheel drive not engaging

Have you had a starter/alternator shop look over the motor? It's similar in design to a heavy starter motor, so it's parts and rebuilding is very common.

I love my old 8274, but my 2.5hp sure could use upgrading to the newer 4.8hp.

Back