Question about Tire Size

scoots

I am very new with my Jeep (meaning I am pretty ignorant about what fits and what doesn't). I need new tires so I want to change my wheels and tires. I have acquired a set of 15*8 jeep aluminum alloy rims. Can I put (assuming they fit the wheels) 30*9.5*15 tires on these wheels without worrying about the tires rubbing the fender guards? My Wrangler is stock with no lift kits added. Can I assume these tires are not too large to cause a performance problem with my 4 cylinder engine? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Stuck line truck

First you need to let us know the year and Type of your Jeep. Regardless of the year, though, those tires will fit nicely on those rims. You could probably fit up to 12" wide tires on those rims (much debate about that - use the "Search" feature and read up more). If you own a '87-'95 Wrangler (YJ - square headlights), you may experience slight rubbing at full lock (turning it as far as you can), however the rubbing won't be on the fenders, it will be on the inside (possibly the springs).....annoying but not really a problem and might not occur at all with 9.5" wide tires. If you own a post-'97 Wrangler (TJ), 30x9.5's should be no problem at all. That's just from my limited experience. Like I said, try the search feature - there's been lots and lots of posts on tires.....makes for good, informative reading.

Oh....and welcome to the "Z"!

RE: New (used) axles, what maintenance should I do?

just like the man above me said, you should be fine. I just wanted to say "Welcome to Jeepz.com."

RE: The Next Best Think To Jeepin

My fiance is running 31's with no lift on 15x8s and she just touches the flares on compression, we are throwing on TJ flares to elminate that. You will be perfectly fine with the 30's

Many of the TJ's ('97-current) come with 30x9.50x15 tires on factory 15x8 wheels. You'll be fine if it is a TJ. If you have a YJ ('87-'95), then you may have issues with a slight rubbing at the front leaf springs when turning the wheels all the way to the steering stops. This could be fixed by slightly adjusting the steering stops.

RE: Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich"

Like everyone else has said, they will fit just fine.

And welcome to Jeepz.com!!!!

RE: Want to buy a New Liberty.......what are your thoughts?

whats the backspacing on the wheels? that could make a difference as well.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich&q

Welcome to Jeepz, the best little Jeep site on the net!! I agree, you should be fine with that size tire, however, if you do experience a little rub on the springs at full lock (fully turned right or left), here's a helpful link I used to adjust my steering stops until I got different wheels with better backspacing: http://www.imajeep.com/Steering_Stop_Adjust/adjusting_steering_stop.htm

It's a pretty simple job, as are a lot of mods for Jeeps. Heck, if I can do it, anyone can!! :lol:

Again, glad to have you aboard, I hope you stick around a while!!

Back