The Next Best Think To Jeepin

Craig

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Paragon April 16th and 17th

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Powder King Mountain in British Columbia, Canada. Only my second time on a snowmobile but I love it. Never realized how physical snowmobiling can be...every muscle in my body is aching right now. I stayed at my buddies winter place (shack) on the mountain. Everyone who stays there in the parking lot for the winter are all hardcore snowmobilers. These guys like to drink and egg each other on to see who can do the highest "highmark" up the side of a mountain. If you don't make it, you can say goodbye to your expensive snowmobile because it'll be in pieces at the bottom of the hill....these guys are all oil workers with lots of money so it just means upgrading to bigger, faster machines with nitrious and everything. We were spring riding so we had to be real careful of avalanches. We actually had one go above us in the mountain but luckily it stopped about 100 feet before hitting us. Since it was only my second time on a sled and I was borrowing it from my buddies wife, I took it real easy....didn't want to destroy the sled or myself. Here's a link to a few shots of where we went. Not a lot of action shots because it was kinda a pain to keep pulling the camera out of the back pack. The pictures don't do the size of the hills any justice.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2128190403&slideshow=1

RE: Thinking of selling my 360...

"The Next Best Think To Jeepin"

-not quite what I was expecting, but I will say snowmobiling is fun...

I've joined: Has anyone Seen This?

Snowmobiling rules!! Looks like fun.

But I'd have to say that peronally, I think surfing is the next best thing.

Can't figure out how to get the link to the slideshow to work properly. If anyone know how, please tell me.

RE: Question about Tire Size

Snowmobiles are awesome!!!!

Sure sounds like you had a really good time too, which is always a good thing!!

Never took to them. I use one at the ski area where I work weekends when we close at night. We use it on Ski Patrol for transporting during the day but at night I can cover a lot of distance on the easier slopes for sweep. I have to admit, it's fun to open it up when you're out there at night and no one is around. 8)

Back