"Sandwhich" or "Sammich"

laneiac

Which do you prefer, and to you, what is the difference?

To me-

A "sandwhich" is something you buy at a store, like a deli or something.

A "sammich" is a work of art that you create in the kitchen, in the woods, or better yet, on the trail. It is the most wonderful tasting food at that moment, and you cant wait to have another.

So, I prefer a "sammich"

RE: Want to buy a New Liberty.......what are your thoughts?

sammich all the way. One of my pet peeves is soggy bread, found quite often in "sandwiches". Never find that on my sammich!!!

It's called a sandwich. I say sammich if i'm being sarcastic. I have a friend who said "samridge"

To me, it's Sandwich not "Sammich." But your usage of the word is intentional and has an intelligent reasoning behind the purposeful mispronounciation behind it.

On the other hand, here are some unintentional mispronounciations that makes me crazy when people, who aren't 6, speak as such:

Pasghetti - and meatballs
Aminal - Yes, I've heard adults pronounce this. And they all drive cars and 1 owns a gun.
Supposebly - Memo: there is no "B" in supposedly.
Nuc-you-lar - Hi, I'm a dumbass!
Indubububly - Just kill yourself if you do this.

Sorry, these are just some pet peeves of mine. :evil:

RE: Dieseling on shut down

Sandwich. Sammich is just one of the many ways some butcher what's left of the English language.

Nome Sayin'?

RE: Re: RE: Stuck line truck

WORD UP BIATCHES!

Don't forget that a Sammich isn't a sammich without mayonaise (pronounced MAN-AISE)

Hey Mingez, you forgot my most hated of mispronounced words of all:

Aks & Aksed (ie. I aksed the police why they was takun me in?)

Disclaimer - None of this was meant to offend anyone.

'02 Wranlger sport, 4.0L, 5sp, 4x4, LSD

I prefer "sandwitch". But, I have to say I don't think I've ever even heard it called "sammich"

Actually, I don't even like sandwitches that much. I used to love them when I was younger, but now they just don't appeal to me as much.

RE: Very cold starting

It is sandwich.

http://www.open-sandwich.co.uk/history/sandwiches.htm

I don't really care what you call it because no sandwich/sammich is as good as diner meatloaf!!!!

Down with sandwiches!!!

The sandwich is dead!!!

Citizens rejoice!!!

Long live diner meatloaf!!!

(Villagers light bonfires and sing and dance in the streets.)

By the way, I confirmed the info in the above link at the libary.

Regards,

Meatloafologist Gadget

RE: Question about Tire Size

Your plate looks delightful, and I don't even like meatloaf...

Jumppr, that is one of my particular pet-peeves too... "I axed him to come inside"... Sounds like a rather violent assault rather than a term of request when pronounced in that way...

"You have to saniterize the table"... Blech!
"Warsh the dishes"... Aaagh!!!

And in reference to the original post, I am fond of the term "sandwich"... Cheese and miracle whip on an onion roll, tomatoes and lettuce just sweeten the deal... Egg salad, tuna, BLT (if the bacon is really crispy), and PB&Js are also some of my favourites... Deluxe PB&Js (on TOASTED bread) are also a delicacy...

...and improper plural usage... On some official paperwork from Detroit Edison, commerating my dad's 12th year of perfect attendance (since he started)... "The last year were hard on us... Previous years was a smoother time for Detroit Edison"... Makes me want to claw my eyes out when I read things like that...

Blech!

Mmm... And I just had some Jimmy John's too... Yummy yum yum...

RE: Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich"

Yall could probably find a bunch more that ya hated if ya ever heard me talk... :D

Nathan

RE: Jeep won

warsh the dishes.. haha... pennsylvania dialect. gararge, warsh, darcter, i'm just not seeing where the R comes from

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: How Many Here Have One Of These.....

Snitty said:
warsh the dishes.. haha... pennsylvania dialect. gararge, warsh, darcter, i'm just not seeing where the R comes from

Oh yeah... we get that in PA and MD, it's great :roll:

I'm with Jumppr - I hate it when someone axes me a question.

While we're at it, I had a sammich last night, but couldn't warsh the dishes because the "hot water heater" was broke.

Hot water heater? Why would you need to heat hot water? It's a water heater, people!! And it's not broke, it's broken. I'll axe you again, please don't mutilate my language and I won't mutilate your head.

RE: Vegas Bachelor Party aftermath prank (work safe)

Oh ya, you HAVE to have the mayonaise if you're going to have a sandwitch, burger, or anything like that!!

It's just not the same without it

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich&a

i call it a snadwich when i'm acting dorky... never heard of sammich
mingez said:
Supposebly - Memo: there is no "B" in supposedly.

i say suppoebly :oops: although i dont use that word very often because of it.. for some reason i just cant get the b out.

there are some common things that drive me crazy mainl just differences between candians and americans at work.
my teacher in grade 11 used to say sez-ual instead of schedule (sch = sk like in school)
and its a roof not a ruff :wink:
and i say about not aboot... it just sounds like a boot cause your used to saying aboat.

What are you talking aboot?

So Ants, you were born Canadian...right?

Bosh, and FIE!!!

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

All hail, and all power to the great Miracle Whip!!!

though in egg and tuna salad, mayo is the only way to go.

Back