Spy Shot of the 2007 Wrangler (New Pics)

southtj

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosconsumer/0504/27/G03-163248.htm

image-missing.png

2007 Jeep Wrangler

By Paul Lienert / Special to The Detroit News

A new addition to the Jeep family will be a four-door variant of the Wrangler when that model is redesigned in mid-2006.

The long-wheelbase Wrangler four-door will be considerably wider and longer than today's Wrangler, with exterior styling said to resemble that of the Jeep Gladiator concept truck unveiled in January at the Detroit auto show. Insiders say both Laredo and Rubicon trim levels will be offered.

The next-generation Wrangler will become upscale, with improved safety features and more content. Engine choices will include a 2.4-liter four-cylinder and a 3.7-liter V-6. Rumored for the four-door Wrangler only is an optional 5.7-liter Hemi V-8. Jeep reportedly will offer buyers a choice of five-speed automatic and six-speed manual transmissions.

The picture really doesn't match the description. That doesn't come close to resembling the Gladiator.

okay, I'll go ahead and make my normal negative comments about the latest junk that Jeep will be building.

We are to the point now that they should call it the W2. As in....the Jeep version of the H2. The H2 doesn't live up to it's heritage, and neither will that crap. What is this one sitting on? A modified Dakota frame? :roll:

Well, you can get the family version with the monster :lol: Hemi. That doesn't make up for it in any way. The I6 is really gone? How sad that is to hear. But hey, at least we still have the four cylinder....just not the right one.

That picture looks like some shadetree fabricator stretched a CJ tub, swapped on a TJ front clip, and then bolted it all down to a 2wd pickup frame.

I hope when the R&D guy got done with his drive, he slipped on some ice getting out and fell right on top of the GM of Jeep product developement. I'd like to kick whoever axed the I6 right square in his a$$.

That looks like a craptacular piece of junk that took half an hour to put together.

Well with the production of this piece of garbage we should see the values of our real jeeps increase...

"Engine choices will include a 2.4-liter four-cylinder and a 3.7-liter V-6."

At least it doesnt say IFS.

RE: What should I pay for this jeep???

That is an abortion, if DC is serious.

In fact, buy two; crap on one and cover it up with the other.

Swell.

Funny though, I was reading a D/C press release not just the other day and it kinda went along with what was typed above but.. No Hemi will be available in a TJ (topless style) jeep and that the next incarnation will be a SFA but in the next re-design, In about 2012, it will go IFS.

As soon as jeep makes a wrangler with a IFS, that will be the last day I modify a new jeep!

You guys are jumping the gun. This thing has got more wheelbase than the limited because it's got a limited hardtop that is too short. If they reference the Gladiator pickup and 4 door in the same description, that leads me to believe that they are refering to an extended cab with suicide doors for the rear access like most extended cab pickups today. If you remember from the Gladiator concept vehicle it had a 10 or 12 inch area behind the seat. Maybe they are going to make it big enough to put small kids in.
Somebody with mad computer skills, please post a pic of the Gladiator concept.
This is going to be the new Scrambler except that it will be badder. I like it. Check out the departure angle. There is no need to "bob tail" it like some Scrambler owners do.

I like the Gladiator concept too, but that thing pictured above doesn't look a lot like it.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Doesn't look like a lot more room in the back seat either.

I haven't seen those pics. Good Work! What did I tell you about the doors?
Don't concentrate on the body work on that thing above. Like Junkpile pointed out, you can tell it is a heavier frame and the top and body not fitting should tell you that they pieced together a disguise. More than likely this was just a test for the chassis and drivetrain with a pieced together makehsift body.
Put me down for a Gladiator in the Laredo trim with the Hemi engine. Axles will be for sale.

Re: RE: What should I pay for this jeep???

The rear doors on it are very interesting, they open two different ways. The bottom section opens up with the top section closed, or it can all open up. Don't know what that would be useful for, but it's up there in the neato factor.

RE: Pics of my XJ-Testing my new Digital Camera

The first pic cant be real. The gladiator looks cool. Thank you jeep for not making it IFS!

ive heard a big rumor mill about ifs, and a lot of seriousness about it. i wouldnt rule it out just because it wasnt in the description. if its a more comfortable ride and a larger consumer base theyre going for, look for the ifs soon

CT: 1986 CJ7 For Sale..... SOLD!!!!! as of June 21, 2005

jay79cj7 said:
"Engine choices will include a 2.4-liter four-cylinder and a 3.7-liter V-6."

At least it doesnt say IFS.

YET............................JUST WAIT..........

image-missing.png

Light Preference?

I would rather drive that TJ/XJ melded heap that somebody had posted the pic of here........

That thing is terrible.

Upscale here we come......

The least they could have done was bring that freaking hardtop all the way to the tailgate........

Not a fan

Back