Went wheeling, killed the Jeep!

Saurian

Jeepy!!!

So, I went to the Mounds (pics of muddy Jeep are in the XJ forum), and hit one of the mudpits just one too many times... Not only did I fry the alternator by filling it with mud, but I also clogged the radiator, overheated the daylights out of it trying to limp it home, broke down on the I-75, pulled off, and had to be towed from Flint to Ortonville... Being that I was working every day this week, this happened Saturday, I pulled the alternator Sunday morning, and then got back out there after my shift Tuesday night, or should I say Wednesday morning :shock:...

Here's some pics :)

image-missing.png

Here's a Jeep fording aforementioned mudpit

image-missing.png

Notice how high the water comes up on the door frames :shock: Glad I have good door seals

image-missing.png

Making progress, this is about 2:30 AM Wednesday morning, and the new alternator's in...

image-missing.png

You think I got a little mud in there? :lol:

image-missing.png

Or in there?

image-missing.png

Woo HOO!!! We have charging happening, but why is it idling so high?

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Ah... That could be the reason...

And finally, the horrible BODY DAMAGE SHOT!!!
image-missing.png

Negligable :D :shock:

Here's more pics from the event
http://michiganjeepers.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/130109322/m/263101805
The guy in the blue MichiganJeepers shirt with the yellow XJ would be SonicJay...

I only see the first pic, others are those nice little red x's.

RE: Accident

I ran through a mud hole a bunch once. Then on the run home mine over heated too. Just hosed off the radiator and it cooled off. I too can't see any pics other than the sweet CJ going through the mud.

RE: Thinking of Trading my YJ on this GT

Haha! Nice Sean! Looks like you really loaded up your air box with mud!

TwistedCopper said:
That thing won't last long if you keep soaking the airbox.

Yup...surprised you didn't suck water into the intake and hydrolock it! :shock:

RE: Re: gotta love the marines...

Tell me you put in a 136A alternator since it's an off-the-shelf bolt-in upgrade?

Nice pics, looks like you had a little too much fun ;)

RE: Error CODE Help NEEDED

Actually, it was a remanufactured original, as I am limited on funds, and it was the only affordable route I could go, because all the auto parts places in my area just totally suck...

Yeah, I was surprised to see the airbox, figured I'd open it up for kicks after I got the alternator changed out and the engine running again, surprised the daylights out of me...

Maybe I can talk my family and friends into a Christmas snorkel :lol:

RE: BFG Muds

The over-the-counter 136A model should cost exactly the same, from late model Dodge trucks and vans, some ZJ's, Dakota's, etc.

Hehe, that's what my airfilter always looks like when I'm out having fun!!

I would get on of those cleanable, drop-in K&N filters....and also carry a spare, regular filter with you when you know there will be lots of mud/water.

I always take like 3 extra filters with me when I know I'll be in the mud. That way I can soak them all I want, and keep putting on new ones.

Anyone going to see Dave Matthews in St Louis?

I did not know that...Hmm, wonder if Luke's Dakota has the same one, he doesn't need ALL that power really :twisted:

12.5" tire on 8" rim? ** Yes or No?

remember same thing happen to me im still puttin it back together i wound havin to put a new transmission in it among many other things i was wishin the 4cyl didnt make it but it did im drivin the 96 land rover for now o'well you wanta play you pay maybe a 4wheeler would be cheaper

Back