progress...

OhioMike

image-missing.png

note the new engine hoist... :D

image-missing.png

i got the head on...the header and intake as well...but it got too dark to take pics...and the water pump and timing cover...

nice! always love to see work in progress like that, what a huge job! i can tell you're a detail-oriented guy... looks great

also, hats off to you for owning another XJ i see there! hahahaha

RE: Re: gotta love the marines...

I was actually going to comment first on the engine hoist. I dont think I have ever seen one looking so good :) Cant wait to see more pics.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

ordered some new rockers...and a push rod length checker...kinda need one with the new cam i guess...now i need to find one bolt...one lousy bolt...that holds the rockers in...

Looking good man........
I am jealous........ wish I had a project...... no, better yet, wish I had a place to work on a project!

Keep the pics coming, they are inspiring!

snake in the house!!

That's looking very nice! And I agree with RoundLights...keep the pics coming!

Oh, and what all has been done to the engine?

RE: Re: RE: Jeepy!!!

bored 60 over...cam...intake 456 duration 260...exhaust 484 duration 272...arp rod bolts and resized...complimenting valve springs to go with the cam...new crank...i looked for roller rockers but could not find any...so i ordered new stock replacement rockers since mine were worn out pretty good...and the bridges were bent up...gotta wait for the push rod length checker to make sure i have the right size before i order them...cloyes roller timing set...pacesetter header while i was at it...i also installed a one in body lift whil i was at it...and gonna to the manual 4wd lock mod deal...

wow...i did not realize i was doin so much to it...no wonder i';m broke...

i am havin some trouble with the alternator and power steering brackets...it seems i have missing bolts...imagine that...

thanks fort the compliments guys...i;'ve never rebuilt a 6 cylinder before...and never actually did it this right either...usually i hack them together pretty good...

i think i'm gonna plug off all the vacuum lines except the vacuum advance...and power brake...anyone think of a reason i should not...i don;t have emissions...

Roundlights said:
Looking good man........
I am jealous........ wish I had a project...... no, better yet, wish I had a place to work on a project!

Keep the pics coming, they are inspiring!

thanks...i'm doin it my driveway because my car is takin up my garage...it;s been in there for two years now...it;s gettin a nice rebuild to...

startin with an 87 iroc camaro...5.7...

i have comp pro magnum rolloer rockers...afr 195 heads...lt4 hot cam...cloyes roller timing set...it will be a 383...holley stealth ram (basically a tunnel ram for fuel injection)...tubular k-member that saves me 35 pounds...spohn sub frame connectors and torque arm...52mm bbk throttle body...adjustable fuel pressure regulator......arp bolt kit...studded heads...and main bearings...hmm...all i can think of right now...

Back