snake in the house!!

mudwoman

I was packing up Mud for a trip up north (hope to see you soon Sean!) and as I pulled his Jeep sweatshirt out of his closet I was face to face (ok, maybe not that close, but you get the idea) with a black snake. Now, I don't mind snakes, but I like to see them coming. I started out..."tim, Tim, TIm TIMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!"- he came in and rescued me and the snake, which is now happily finding a new home somewhere in the yard.
My husband, my hero.....and he didn't even make fun of me (not to my face anyway, bless his heart)

Hero, schmero! You shoulda seen me with the fire poker (to pin him) and a pair of welding gloves for a 2 1/2 foot black snake! :oops: And me without the camera! Y'all woulda had a good laugh. Oh well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

Gotta love livin' in the mountains!!!!! :lol:

RE: thanks

hahaha, Now that had to be interresting!!

I can't say I've ever had a snake in the house....I think the dogs get them all before they get that close.

I think thers a lesson to be learned here... Next time make the man pack his own clothes, you just take care of yourself and if he forgets to pack the right clothing hes got no one to blame but himself :D

Mudwoman, I would have to say that you handled that very well. I like snakes, but it would freak me out to find one in my house that I didn't know about.

I caught a "pet" corn snake when I was in highschool. It got out of the crappy enclosure I built for it and sent my mom on a 2 hour terror trip until I found it. It was under my brothers bed and when I went to pull it out.....it bit down on my hand. So, my mom had been on the verge of tears for hours, and then she see's me pull my hand out from under the bed with a snake hanging onto my hand and blood dripping down my arm. It was not a pleasant experience for anyone involved except the snake, he was immediately granted his freedom.

RE: Re: Thanks for the cool Forum!

Hahahaha!! Great story Muds. I wish i could've been a fly on the wall for that one!

RE: Thud

My dad was a biology teacher, so we always had several varities of critters in the house. It wasn't unusual for the occasional snake or other critter to get loose.....we just all took it in stride, though.

No snakes in my house. I think the wife would go crazy. She definitely would have flipped if she found one in the closet.

RE: Re: Thanks for the cool Forum!

Hey Muds, I just found a Pic of Tim in action!
si041300-4.jpg

I woulda wigged out!!! I have a memory of when I was a child. Ten maybe or less. My brother is five years younger. My mom had picked us up at school along with a girlfriend of mine. All four of us pull up in the driveway at home (rural location). The brick house was casting a shadow on the stone driveway and a ten foot black snake was laying there in the head of the driveway.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I got out, mom got out we all got out. I head up to the house, mom heads up...the younger ones are straggling.

Mom sees the snake, WIGGED OUT and starts yelling like a banshee from hell. She JUMPS over the snake (had walked by it at this point) THROWS us back in the backseat of the car, and says "Hang on, don't move I'll be right back!".

LOL So, were freaking...all crying and screaming and confused. So does mom help? Of course (Well sorta). She comes outta the house with a huge double barrell shotgun and proceeds to blow this ten foot snake to bits just two feet in front of a car full of screaming children.

I didn't know which was worse, the black snake or my crazed mother with a rifle.

LOL Do you know she killed him alright. My dad came home to an ate up black snake that required a good cleanup. She wouldn't have anything to do with touching it afterwards. lol

I thought we'd never calm down. I just had to share that. It was one of the craziest and funniest memories I have of childhood, from my mother's aspect anyway. lol I still tease her about it sometimes.

Lady

Back