Good time for a rubicon run?

GaryMB

RE: I wish I was this cop!

I'm getting some buddies together to make a run on the rubicon this summer. Any idea when the best time is to avoid trail closures and traffic on the trail? Also, are there any other good multiple-day trail runs in California that might be worth checking out?

Re: Just went wireless

Try to go before the jeep jamboree rolls through there.(late july) They stack rocks and make the trail easy enough to drive a mini van through there.

RE: Re: Just went wireless

If I don't get my rig armored up before then I'd be glad to go with you after said Jeep Jamboree. I'll need some extra help and I hate to be the one to stack rocks. IF they're already stacked then I can feel a little better about using them. :)

RE: Re: RE: Run in with a mud pit

ANYTIME :lol: The earlier the better. Right now though there is a problem with snow and run off still, so maybe end of june or july as long as it is before about july 16. Then your screwed til the first week of august. Run it in the middle of week to, its so much quieter with out all the yahoo's running amuck.I went last year the first week after the jamboree went throught and it was not crowded at all and the weather was perfect. But like sully said they do stack alot of rocks so you have to be creative on make it hard for yourself. Also watch for them BEARS.....they like coolers and camp site ALOT :eek: ...wish i could be there..........

RE: Re: RE: Body work questions

What do you guys think about mendocino national forest? Any good multiple day trail runs there?

Back