Another good man gone

mud4feet

My extended family:

At 8:45 this morning, Rev. John Summerfield Brown (Papa mud) passed away. After an 81 year bout with life on this planet Earth, he retired victorious and has gone on to a better place. The world will miss him. We're leaving now to be with the blood-family in Ohio. Keep us all in your prayers.

regards,

the grieving muds. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: Just went wireless

RIP

Sorry to hear, prayers sent.

Re: RE: when your so called friend stands you up...

Oh Mud, I am so sorry... My condolences to you and yours...

Mr. and Mrs. Mud,

I offer my heartfelt sympathy on your loss of Father and Reverend John Summerfield Brown. As a reverend, Fr. Brown was a pilot of sorts: a pilot who guided souls.

Fr. Brown will now sail the starry universe in the care of the Master Pilot.

"Crossing the Bar"

Sunset and evening star
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

.............................Alfred Lord Tennyson

Respectfully,

Inspector Gadget

My deepest heartfelt sympathies, mud bud. You know you are in my heart and in my prayers.

Mr. & Ms. Mud,

You are dear to us as well. I am very saddened to hear of the loss of Papa Mud. That is such a sad thing to experience. I will keep your extended family in my prayers and thoughts. Please have safe travel to and from Ohio.

Heather

I've typed like four responses and deleted them all.......this is one of those situations where I never know what to say......

I'm very sorry to hear this guys, and my best wishes go out to you.

Mud - L&BR extend our deepest sympathys LBR

image-missing.png

Thank you all very much from the entire mud clan (Momma mud pictured by the church sign on Sunday morning). All prayers and thoughts were felt very strongly and helped us get through this sad time. At the burial, I re-met my oldest friends in the world - known them for 50 years - and they showed up at the cemetary!!!! Just an amazing outpouring of love - both there and here......Thank you!

Papa Mud (the "Preach") is now very happy and jumping for joy. On our way home Sunday, approaching a nasty rainstorm in the Pigeon River Gorge, he let us know................
image-missing.png

This turned into the most brilliant, beautiful rainbow I've ever seen - arcing ground to ground and letting us know he's alright!

Once again, many, many thanx from the muds - you folks are great.

Life is Good! Life goes on.
Your friends, the muds

Air conditioning woes

Mud, that rainbow gave me chills!! I had a similar experience after my father passed away, only it was within a few minutes. We all had just walked out of his hospice room into a large courtyard to pray. We were standing around in a big circle, and when we were done, we opened our eyes and there was a superball laying in the middle of the circle. Dad was very close with my brother's son who was 4 at the time, because they lived next door and got to see each other everyday. Matthew loved superballs, and dad would always play the "hide the ball" game with him. Matthew had mentioned several times over the week that dad was in the Hospice that he would miss playing with grandad. After that superball appeared, Matthew shouted, "HA HA Grandad, I have the ball now!!" We all got goosebumps and broke down in tears!

Several weeks later, my brother found Matthew in the driveway sitting looking at the moon and waving. He asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Waving to Grandad...see that light next to the moon, that's Grandad and he's waving to me." Well, the "light" next to the moon was Jupiter, very bright and kind of twinkling.......who knows, maybe Matthew did see dad up there.....sure give me a case of the weepies every time I think about it.

May God Bless you and Keep you forever in the Palm of His Hand.

Back