Jeep wave vs Motorcycle wave

graewulf

RE: On the road again... (big pics)

I have made an interesting observation in the last 2 days... I have had my ZJ for over 18 months now, I think I have been waved at maybe 2 times.... I have had my motorcycle 2 days and have been waved at over 30 times! what gives? Jeepers are supposed to be one of the most friendly bunch, yet the famous "jeep wave" seems to not be so famous from my experience. I have only had 2 bikers not wave in the 120 miles I have ridden my bike.

Just an observation.

The only good explanation i could think is that a motorcyle it the easiest to reconize. I've been noticing that i rarly ever wave to the cherokee or liberty part of the family just because the wrangler is easier to reconize, and that when i wave its not always convient for me to lift my whole hand up high and shake it vicorously, so my guess is that most dont see my wave anyways. now on a motorcycle there nothing to obstruct the veiw of the person your waving at (no doors, relection on windows, windshield) so left give the other jeepers a chance here and just say that our eyes may not have seen it, but i'm sure they waved :D

I get about the same on the bike and TJ, about a 75% return on my wave in El Paso. In IL and AZ, it was abit higher on the bike. This changed if the oncoming Jeep has some mods on it. They always seemed to initiate/return my wave.

I always get more waves on the bike than I ever did in the Jeep...but there are a lot more bikes out there than Jeeps!

bikers have a wave the same as Jeep drivers do. It's also the same with old cars, muscle cars, etc....and just about anyother "group" of vehicles.

I find that in my part of jersey, Brick, only wranglers wave. Of those wranglers maybe 50% return the wave. I dont wave to (Grand)Cherokees and especially Libertys just because I've never had one wave to me. My part of jersey isnt real good with the wave tho.
Mike

raptor_pilot said:
I dont wave to (Grand)Cherokees and especially Libertys just because I've never had one wave to me.Mike

I think you hit it right on the head there... I hear that attitude from many jeepers, that and they don't think the cherokee/liberty lines are real jeeps or consider them "soccer mom" vehicles so why bother. If its a Jeep, you should wave regardless, then it will catch on instead of waning like it seems to be doing (at least in this part of the world).

Around here, I wave to Cherokees and Wranglers. The "soccer moms" give you an evil look if you wave at them in the Grand Cherokees or Libertys. I just don't like the evil looks I get, so that's why I don't. However, it is a built Grand Cherokees or Libertys, rare, I'll wave, and they always wave back.

RE: Re: RE: Jeep wave vs Motorcycle wave

Yea I only wave to real Jeeps.

JK....I'll wave to anything, especially if a meber of the opposite sex is driving.

RE: Re: RE: Jeep wave vs Motorcycle wave

I'll wave to anything, especially if a meber of the opposite sex is driving.[/quote]

I pass this gorgeous blonde lady every morning on my way to work, the waive is prevelant! (she actually started it!)

Part that stinks is her rig is ten times more trail ready than mine!!
:lol:

I am dying to bump into her at the pumps some morning though, find out the rest of the story!

I try to waive to anything with JEEP on the front, but seldomly get waives back from Liberties, Grands & Cherokees, they must have mud in their eyes!!

I get personally offended and do a mini middle finger (out of their sight) waive at those wranglers that see my waive and just stare! I keep on them though, every day, but now its just 2 fingers off the wheel type waive!

By the way, D_wilderness, where did you come up with the dancing Bananna??

Re: RE: Stock TJ height differences??

i was talking to a friend about this the other day. he had a tj, but sold it :( . he's looking to buy a bike and has been riding around on a few. he mentioned how bikers wave and i said so do jeepers, but we came to the conclusion that bikers wave more. i agree with ants and also that soccer moms generally don't ride bikes :wink: .

Back