woohoo, got the CB put in.....

bigTlilODD

Here's the story. I cleaned out the garage so I could pull my jeep in. Which was amazing in itself. Then set to work. I mounted the antenna on the side just below the wrangler sticker and have the antenna wire coming out of the Jeep through my soft tops' rear window where the zipper is. This is temporary! I think I'm going to bring the antenna cable out from the wheel well and up between the body and the flair. Just cut a half circle out of the flair. I mounted the CB in front of the shifters a little bit under the dash using a braket that I can twist and tilt to any direction. I did find out that the side walls of a jeep are rather thin and flexy. So I'm going to try to re-inforce that area. This whole process from start to finish was 4 hours, including a trip to Lowes to get the self tapping screws.

I think we got ourselves a convoy![addsig]

Got a question on CB's. I've heard the range on a CB is only about 10 mi. I've also heard the marine CB's have a range of over 100 mi. Can one use a marine CB for the street and trail purposes? Or can one improve the range of a regular CB without spending $100s more? Thanks.[addsig]

You are right. You can get your CB "turbo'd" for about $40. Take it to a CB shop, preferably one near a truck stop. Tell them that you want more power out of it and they'll take care of it for you. Plus you can get the antenna tuned and that'll help too. So will the positioning of the antenna.[addsig]

Breaker Breaker good buddy got your ears on! Sorry just could not resist that one. Many folk seem to look down on the whole CB Thing but it just make a trip through the woods much better when you are able to talk to your jeepn buddies on the run. EZ to heckel em when they are stuck in the mud too. Sound like you did what needs doing to get up and talking, just one question did it help your mileage at all?
image-missing.png
I use my radio to talk to all the big trucks on the hi-way to warn and be warned about the speed traps and so on! later Tug[addsig]

You can improve the range if you use an hamm radio amp. It's kinda, almost, sorta illegal but it works. You can send your signal pretty far and dim street lights as you pass under them.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> Just one question did it help your mileage at all
image-missing.png
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, cuz now I can ask the truckers if they'll let me draft off of them
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

CB Radio $100.00, Riden the Slip Stream behind a 535 Cat in a Peterbuilt pullin 68,000 lbs in a 53' Dry Van Trailer is a $5.00 in saveing fule, Asking the Trucker if it is ok to do this PRICELESS
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

Back