Men in black... Judicial tyranny strikes again

TwistedCU

RE: Re: RE: Winches

I see our Judges are once again abusing their power. Once again they act as it is their job to legislate. This is a sad example of what happens when government is no longer controlled by it's constituents:

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050624-120942-4179r.htm

Let them try to take my home to build a mall.

"The court has sanctioned the use of eminent domain to take the home of one person and give it to another person because that other person is going to pay more in taxes," she said. "The battle is now going to move to the states, and we're going to work to vigorously enforce state constitutional limits on the abuse of eminent domain."

RE: Performance Ignition for TJ

Without the right to private property we are not much better than any other 2 bit nation with a dictatorship government.

Building a highway is one legitimate reason to try and get someone to sell-out and move.

Building another shopping mall is no excuse to take a person's home.

Some states have said that their own state constitutions provide protections against seizure of private property, but I say to that that there are no state's rights when the Federal Courts get involved. Look at how many times the "SUPREME" court has struck down issues clearly defined in state law.

Alabama and Judge Moore & Texas' anti-sodomy law, just to name two.

The War of Northern Agression was just the beginning of the erosion of states' rights... It has not stopped nor will it unless the people rise up, but many Americans are too fat, dumb, and unwilling to act and too concerned with what movie is out or sports to even know how their government works.

Some states have said that their own state constitutions provide protections against seizure of private property, but I say to that that there are no state's rights when the Federal Courts get involved. Look at how many times the "SUPREME" court has struck down issues clearly defined in state law.

Alabama and Judge Moore & Texas' anti-sodomy law, just to name two.

And don't forget about sending the good hearted feds in to deal with those filthy potheads in California that want to exercise their states rights. Oh, wait.....I guess you can't pick and choose.

The States of America gave up their individual freedoms a long time ago. Don't even waste your time hoping this gets stopped at the state level.

And don't forget about sending the good hearted feds in to deal with those filthy potheads in California that want to exercise their states rights. Oh, wait.....I guess you can't pick and choose

The Federal Gov't should concern itself with other things.....like protecting our borders. IBut I can't find too many congressmen or women who care at all about illegal immigration.

RE: cj radiator

TwistedCopper said:
I see our Judges are once again abusing their power. Once again they act as it is their job to legislate. This is a sad example of what happens when government is no longer controlled by it's constituents:

"The court has sanctioned the use of eminent domain to take the home of one person and give it to another person because that other person is going to pay more in taxes," she said. "The battle is now going to move to the states, and we're going to work to vigorously enforce state constitutional limits on the abuse of eminent domain."

I am on the fence on this one. If power is not abused I can see this as a great tool for economic growth. I realize thats a big if. There is a close to home situation...There is a pretty slummy area on the East side of downtown. A private company came in a said they would like to develop the area and we are talking about developing 3 city blocks. They want to put in Condos, commerical offices, and restaurants and shops. More or less expanding on a commerical district that has shown to be extremely successful just west of the area in question. This would bring in thousands (I cant remember the exact number) of jobs most of which would be high paying professional jobs. The people in the slum dont want to sell for any price and the growth of the entire city is at stake. In this situation I can see the use of eminent domain for private business only of course if the people being bought out are sufficiently compensated and assistance is given to put them into a situation that is benefitial to them.

I can see a benefit to it but it also scares the heck out of me. I would go nuts if someone just grabbed my house and said tough your out. I guess I can see both sides of things. In a perfect world the private developer would offer enough to the home owners to get them to sell without the gov't interferring.

judge09 said:
TwistedCopper said:

I am on the fence on this one. If power is not abused I can see this as a great tool for economic growth. I realize thats a big if. There is a close to home situation...There is a pretty slummy area on the East side of downtown. A private company came in a said they would like to develop the area and we are talking about developing 3 city blocks. They want to put in Condos, commerical offices, and restaurants and shops. More or less expanding on a commerical district that has shown to be extremely successful just west of the area in question. This would bring in thousands (I cant remember the exact number) of jobs most of which would be high paying professional jobs. The people in the slum dont want to sell for any price and the growth of the entire city is at stake. In this situation I can see the use of eminent domain for private business only of course if the people being bought out are sufficiently compensated and assistance is given to put them into a situation that is benefitial to them.

I can see a benefit to it but it also scares the heck out of me. I would go nuts if someone just grabbed my house and said tough your out. I guess I can see both sides of things. In a perfect world the private developer would offer enough to the home owners to get them to sell without the gov't interferring.

what if your family had owned that property for generations? What if you just grew up there and didn't want to see it leveled for another strip mall? There are some things that you cannot put a value on IMO. Of course if you really think about it for states with property taxes (like Arkansas) if you don't pay your taxes the govt takes your land. To me that's not owning land, that's just renting it from the govt. The govt in this country has much more power than the founding fathers ever wanted, and it's gonna get worse until we have another revolution.

YJ Windshield Hinges

wm69 said:
judge09 said:
TwistedCopper said:

what if your family had owned that property for generations? What if you just grew up there and didn't want to see it leveled for another strip mall? There are some things that you cannot put a value on IMO. Of course if you really think about it for states with property taxes (like Arkansas) if you don't pay your taxes the govt takes your land. To me that's not owning land, that's just renting it from the govt. The govt in this country has much more power than the founding fathers ever wanted, and it's gonna get worse until we have another revolution.

Man I totally agree with you thats why I am on the fence...I just bought my first house and we are putting a bunch of blood, sweat, and tears into it. If the govt came in 5-10 years later and said we want to build new towers that would provide housing for 2000 people instead of the 2 living in your house I would be pretty damn pissed period.

But on the other side I can see the Mayor of the city seeing his city growth and prosperity stalling and for the better good yadda yadda yadda...

Bottom line if the govt wanted to take my house i would be upset. Ofcourse I am upset I have to pay for social security too. Still, I am not ready to join the new revolution quite yet.

RE: sensor

Being able to see both sides of an issue is great, but being able to distinguish the correct side is better. They want us to sit here and weigh out this and that and try and justify something that should have never taken place to begin with.

This is just plain unAmerican, and I honestly think it would be a good thing if some judges were dragged out into the streets and reminded who in the hell they work for. These people are retarded......

Back