Name that vehicle...

mingez

RE: herculiner

I was watching Hotel Rwanda when I saw an awesome short wheelbase vehicle. So, I did some research and I finally found it:

LC70widefender5-5.jpg

LC70widefender6-5.jpg

LC70Americangrey-5.jpg

funrace70j-5.jpg

funrace70a-5.jpg

Don't cheat, and once you guess, tell me how the hell I acquire one of these things.

RE: Jeep Trailor???

Ummmmm, Toyota Landcruiser.

Those just have a few mods done to 'em

Well, I see a Toyota Land Cruiser tag on it with a Lexus dealer in the background... Not sure how you get one, but I'm curious where these are sold. The steering wheel is on the right (correct) side. Somewhere in Europe or South Africa?

Some type of a 70 series. Don't have a clue where they're sold though...I'll guess Australia though??

I'm sure you could order one from Toyota and have it delivered (or you get it delivered) for a little extra $$$

RE: imagestation rant

i agree with 88wrangles on the some type of 70 series

try looking up landcruiser clubs, maybe you can track down a forum or something?

RE: Re: Not new to jeepz but been away awhile

Yup a 70 series.

The 70 series started production in 1985. The 70 Series shares many features of the late model 40 series except for the body style, the frame and drive train very similar. The BJ70 has the 3B 3.4L diesel. This version was not imported to the United States, and Canada stopped importation of this version in 1987. The 70 series is equipped with power brakes, power steering, and 5 speed transmission. In Europe and Indonesia, the 70LC "Bandura" was produced which had coil springs instead of the standard leaf springs, and the smaller 2L-T 2.3L turbo diesel engine. The newer models have a redesigned grill and come with the 6 cylinder HZJ engine.

I like this one also.
BJ75black-5.jpg

You could probably pick one up in Indonesia I suppose. :D

I would guess that the first pic at the dealer was in Finland or Iceland by the name on the Stealership.

There's a pickup truck that I really like, the land cruiser 79 series "Muster" truck. it has solid axles, a 4.2L turbo diesel motor, electric lockers for F&R (optional), manual hubs, a hand throttle, and a snorkel. You can get ARB bull bars as a factory option as well as a winch ;) The suspension is like an XJ (rear leaf, front coil).

Here's a pic:
ToyotaLC78-5.jpg

image-missing.png

here's the "troop carrier" (model 78) version:
image-missing.png

TwistedCopper said:
I would guess that the first pic at the dealer was in Finland or Iceland by the name on the Stealership.

There's a pickup truck that I really like, the land cruiser 79 series "Muster" truck. it has solid axles, a 4.2L turbo diesel motor, electric lockers for F&R (optional), manual hubs, a hand throttle, and a snorkel. You can get ARB bull bars as a factory option as well as a winch ;) The suspension is like an XJ (rear leaf, front coil).

Here's a pic:
ToyotaLC78-5.jpg

image-missing.png

here's the "troop carrier" (model 78) version:
image-missing.png

base price starts around $35,000 American :?

Dude, I think I might be falling in love with these LC70's. Sweet!

You can find them in the States if you look hard enough. Toyota and Nissan both make some cool vehicles that aren't sold here. They were making the Hilux Toyota 4 door pickups long before we ever got them here. In fact, I just bought an rare little vehicle from E-bay if someone with computer skills would like to link the pics for me. It is a '69 model Nissan Patrol L60. Check it out on E-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4560484548

I love Nissan Patrols:
1d_1_bJPG-5.jpg

Great find Rooster!!! And Great price! I love all of those old Japanese Utility 4x4's.

RE: There is a new gal in town!

Yep. No one bid on it. I took it for the listing price because there was no reserve.
From my recent research, parts are difficult to find in the U.S. I'm a man of wordly means, so I'm not worried about it (haha).
This Patrol is probably in the best condition of any that I have ever seen in person or on the net. The best part is that except for the seats and wheels it's all original.
When it gets here in two weeks, I will assess the true mechanical condition of the vehicle. It will probably remain stock if everything runs and works ok. If not it may be sold or transformed. I'm thinking some Toyota axles would be pimpin. I can tell from the pics that it will need a lift or fender trim to clear that back tire.
Check out the specs on the engine...145 hp and 235 ft/lbs at 1800. Those are some tractor digits right there.

Name THIS one

This is a REAL vehical, not a body on a different frame!

RE: Gas tank size question answered

prariepunk said:
Name this one fellas....

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I fell in love with this after I saw one on 49" boggers :shock:

It's a Volvo if I remember right, I forget the name of it thought.
(saw one at a car show once)

Back