check out the tj

TJ??? there aint no tj's there... all jeeps i've seen have 7 slots O|||||||O not 5 or 6.....

blatant chinese copy of a tj. all of those cars are copies of other makes. the chinese sell these for thousands less than the real deal. these manufacturers have been sued numerous times for intellectual property rights and never lost a case. they just get away with it.

blatant chinese copy of a tj.

Cool. While I agree with your point to some degree, I also have another view of all of those little Jeep knockoffs. The Jeep was designed by our military to go kick ass and take names.....it did such a good job of it that they have been copied ever since they made their world debut. After the Jeeps were used up in foreign countries, they were scooped up and copied by local manufacturers because of how impressive they were. They are still being copied today. That's almost a compliment, if it wasn't borderline criminal

I'll take one. Give me one of those South American deals with the steering wheel on the correct side and flat fenders. Throw in a little turbo diesel while your at it please :wink:

Yeah that would be a compliment, but they also make a reproduction of the honda cr-v
(called the sr-v) as well. they reproduce whatever vehicles are hot sellers in other countries, not just great vehicles. but this south american version that you are talking about with a tdi sounds sweet.

If I wanted to be surrounded by cheap, Chinese products, I'd just go to Wal-Mart, America's store!!!

Yeah that would be a compliment, but they also make a reproduction of the honda cr-v
(called the sr-v) as well. they reproduce whatever vehicles are hot sellers in other countries, not just great vehicles

Well, in that case, I totally agree with you about that imitation Jeep. I can't remember any of the websites and I've wiped them from my bookmarks, but there are a couple out there that cover the history of these knockoffs. It's kind of interesting really.

If I wanted to be surrounded by cheap, Chinese products, I'd just go to Wal-Mart, America's store!!!

Sad......but true. :cry:

Thou shalt not take the Jeeps image in vien, BLASPHEMER!!!

Awww, come on Joopin, why do we have to drag Daimler-Chrysler into this? They can't help it, they're trying as hard as they can to make real Jeeps.......honest. Give them a break, they'll get it right sooner or later. :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Picture please of this!!!

I just got back from Korea a month ago. They have alot of knockoffs too. They have copies of Mercedes, Jeeps, Monteros, Jags...you name it. I think they rip off the styling but use their own drivetrain. Most all of the vehicles there were Hyundai with a few Kia's thrown in. I can't complain too much because Hyundai is building a huge plant in Alabama right now. They will be making knockoff John Deere's next.

Back