Need info about wranglers, any info

Moriela19

I've never owned a jeep but would die to. I don't know when this obsession started but its growing. I would like any and all info anyone could give my about wranglers, any kind. I dont know very much except that I really would love to have the money to buy a jeep and fix it up. anyone who could teach me all they know, Id really appreciate it. I am hoping to buy a used jeep in the next two years, I'm currently in college so money is tight. I'm looking to spend 5,000 or lower. Problem is I dont know what kinds of Jeeps are the best or anything, I dont know much about cars at all. So any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I live in the DC area in Virginia so I would like to talk to any owners in this area also. THANKS!

Front Axle

I did a lot of research on Jeeps prior to buying one. There are several things to think about consider as you look.
Where to start? I wanted a street Jeep (one that had never seen a back-country trail) - Highway miles are easier miles. I wanted multi-port fuel injection - That way I don't need to worry about carburation. Low miles also helps a lot. I also chose a Jeep Wrangler. I wanted a small wheelbase on a smaller vehicle.
If you can, go with a group on some of the trails in your area. Get an idea of what kind of trails you'd like to ride. Think about the ultimate Jeep vehicle for those kinds of trails.
After buying the Jeep, I lifted it with a BDS 3.5" suspension lift and then put 33" BFG TA-KOs on Black Steelies. Anticipate problems. When the lift was put on, the speedometer was off. I bought a GPS antenna/receiver to give me my speedometer accuracy back.
The larger tires also cost you some horsepower. You start to think of things that can help you get it back - For instance, I added a Cat-back tuned exhaust system and an FIPK air system.
There are comfort things. First is probably hard top/soft top - Both are nice in their appropriate seasons.

And so it goes. There are lists on this website of what mods people have done to their Jeeps. That can give you an idea of what to expect.

I am sure that others will offer their opinions soon.

Remember, Jeeps are built not bought! (IMHO)

Back