Interior lights

johntuba

When I remove the doors on my '98 Wrangler, what do I need to do to keep the interior lights from coming on? Is there a way to disconnect? Thanks for the help.[addsig]

pull the dome light fuse. it'll kill all interior lights.[addsig]

Dingus is right, you gotta pull the fuse. Check the manuel to find out which fuse it is, and then the fun starts lol. Remove the glove box by opening it and sliding the strap off of the pin. The fuse box is located behind the box. Then find the fuse and pull it....Happy motoring lol
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you could also try finding the sensor for the dome lights and taping it down. id suggest super glueing it, theres no need for interior lights anyway, thats what the sun is for - master
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I unhooked the wire running from the sensor at the door and replace the sensor with a toggle switch. Then when you run with your doors you can unhook from the swithch and rehook the sensor. I also added an overhead light on the roll bar cause I need the light as I am getting old fat and blind. I drive alot at night so I like my lights. Hope this helps Tug[addsig]

My cherokee does that too...such a lame design not putting a switch on the light like every other car. I just put a switch in my front light so it doesn't come on when I open the door and I just took the bulb out of the rear light. [addsig]

Fuse #4 behind the glove box kills the door switchs but still lets you use the interior lights with the headkight switch.[addsig]

Back