What do you WANT your Jeep to be....

I suppose mine would fall closer to the trail only category, only I'll be driving it every day anyway :D

RE: Re: RE: Audio question...

for me it has to be dual purpose. (that word looks funny) wanna drive it everyday to show off all the good oregon mud

It would be fun to eventually have a trail only jeep. But right not its gotta play both sides of the ball.

RE: Re: RE: Audio question...

Multi-purpose......You don't just teach your dog one trick and then quit do you?

Nah really, I don't live close enough to any good trails to own a single purpose Jeep and I'm not in a position to be trailering a rig halfway across the state every weekend. I have lots of sand, mud, and pavement to mix in with my trail riding. I've owned a single purpose mud runner before and it wasn't any more fun than any other Jeep that I've owned, actually it was less fun. Preference I guess.

I am shooting to make mine as capable as possible while still being able to drive it everyday. I think I will have to stop at 35's.

Reinforce frame?

Honestly, with Jeeps being so much fun to drive, how could someone make their's an offroad-only rig? The only way I would build an offroad only Jeep is if I had a second one to drive around, and if I could afford a second one, I would either buy a street rod or build a prerunner instead.

Oh I've thought long and hard on this one.

Trail only but that is after I have an economy car for a daily driver and another jeep for cruising on good days. Oh and none of this can happen until I have a garage. lol

Lady

I'm with Lady, daily driver until I get a second vehicle. But even then I want it to be able to run a wide range of terrians.

I'd like it to one day be trail only when I can afford another vehicle. For now it's supposed to be dual purpose when it isn't broken or on the back of a tow truck.

New To The Jeep Thing

I would love for mine to be all it can be but stay drive streatable. 2 or 3 jeeps would be nice one for rocks one for mud one for street. Now all I have to do is rember where I baried the money.

There's nothing worse than having to pass on a trail because you're afraid of taking the vehicle that gets you back and forth to work out of commission, and that's happened to me more than once. Taking a blue or a bypass when you think you have a 90% chance of making the obstacle but if you don't you'll be screwed... now that just plain sucks.

I've been weighing options for a while now and I have come to the harsh reality that I just can't have a Jeep as a daily driver. I just can't seem to resist modding them. After I sell this house I'm getting rid of my XJ. I'm going to buy a small 4 banger truck and get a YJ to build as a toy - a toy that I can wheel like I stole and with no worries. A toy that can sit for a period of time while it undergoes mods.

To have a daily driver that makes sense for a long commute, I really can't make it capable for the kind of offroading I like to do. Then I end up with a poor choice for a commuter and a trail toy that doesn't quite do what I want it to.

Maybe for you all who have a short commute it works, but I do 50+ miles a day now and will be over 120 miles a day soon.

i would love for my jeep to be a little more trail capable. with 30's and a 2" lift, i am very limited to what i can do. and the fact that it is still financed and it was my daily driver. i got a beater car now to save on gas, but the big thing with modifying the jeep is $$$$$. every time i look into doing it, the cost gets more and more ($3000 +)

My jeep is my summer toy only, so mostly trail, although it nice to show off the mud in town occasionally. I want her to be able to climb over the boulders on our mountain trails, so the bigger the tires I can eventually run the better !

Do you ever see those people who drive around in a nice new 4x4 and won't drive on a gravel road? ( I know a couple ) "Suck it up butter cup!"
My jeep takes me to the grocery store and through the woods

Mine is not a DD and unfortunately I don't have the money to buy a trailer and tow rig at this point. Also with all the crap that has been happening to peoples tow rigs at staging areas and such around here, I don't know that is the route I wanna go.

Would be great but not in the cards for now.

TwistedCopper said:
There's nothing worse than having to pass on a trail because you're afraid of taking the vehicle that gets you back and forth to work out of commission, and that's happened to me more than once. Taking a blue or a bypass when you think you have a 90% chance of making the obstacle but if you don't you'll be screwed... now that just plain sucks.

I've been weighing options for a while now and I have come to the harsh reality that I just can't have a Jeep as a daily driver. I just can't seem to resist modding them. After I sell this house I'm getting rid of my XJ. I'm going to buy a small 4 banger truck and get a YJ to build as a toy - a toy that I can wheel like I stole and with no worries. A toy that can sit for a period of time while it undergoes mods.

To have a daily driver that makes sense for a long commute, I really can't make it capable for the kind of offroading I like to do. Then I end up with a poor choice for a commuter and a trail toy that doesn't quite do what I want it to.

Maybe for you all who have a short commute it works, but I do 50+ miles a day now and will be over 120 miles a day soon.

Disregard that post. I must have been on CRACK or something???

What I really need is 2 Jeeps, that's all ;)

Back