offroad iowa

jeepmaster

any body from des moines iowa here or maybe someone whos not can tell me where we can find some offroadin? thanks[addsig]

I'm from Omaha and I really only know of a couple of OHV areas in the 4 state area (Iowa, Misery, Kansas & Nebraska)... One is the Tuttle Creek OHV Park in Randolph, KS (just across the Nebraska/Kansas border, due south of Lincoln) and I think there is one north of Omaha just off I-29 that is a private club area... It's called Thunder Park or something... Dunno, never actually been there... If you find some more, post em...[addsig]

I use to drive an eighteen wheeler through the area you are talking about. Man that is flat what could you do other than Mud Slings and Corn Field Runs. Not being Funny or anything like that I just don't get the off road deal in the flatts up there. Wanting to learn Tug!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

haha you're right tug its all mud runs, we got a few rivers to run too. i just look at it like this, its better than nothing, and i go out to colorado to ski a couple times a year, and that makes up for the lameness of it here.[addsig]

Man I never wanted to sound harsh in any way. I meet some great folk in your area, and a bunch of motor heads. You folk in the midwest and better yet northern part of the midwest find thing to do with combustion engins that boggle the mind. Tractor pull and the big boys in the mods are crazy. Monster Trucks from your area rock, and not tomention all the local small town dirt track up there. Jeepen has to be crazy too. I was wanted to understand. Later Tug[addsig]

Actually, the area around the Missouri River (border of Iowa and Nebraska) has some nice rocky crag-like area... To bad they are all closed to OHVs... I think you best bet may be the OHV area in Kansas... It has lotsa rocks and steep hills... Some pretty challenging stuff... Oh, yeah, and it has a huge mud bog...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Don´t underestimate the flat lands. More times than I care to remember, while driving to the old Deer stand, at 0 dark thirty, trying to drive down a trail (I think) through about three foot grass, I suddenly find myself looking up at grass roots. Makes me glad I´m not driving a Cambry. Of course you wouldn´t find a shovel in the back seat of a Cambry either.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

yea i know what you meant tug, no offense taken, CORN FOREVER!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back