Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

RE: Gas Tanks

Holy bible that thing is fast!

I'm into it now......

I like it. I kind of subtract points from the new GC because of the whole platform sharing deal, but this is one positive of it. It's nice to see Jeep joining in on the horsepower war that the manufacturers are apparently getting into.

This will no doubt be a popular package, as far as packages of this type go anyway. Which will once again leave me scratching my head :? The factory can build 300....500....700hp Jeep concepts and they are "cool". Let a guy like me talk about hotrodding a Jeep and I'm basically called a moron by most :roll:

me and the wifie will be purchasing a Comander in the spring. I like the 06 line up, at least there is one SFA jeep still! gives me hope for the gladiator/brute type pick up they had as a concept last year.

0-60 in under 5 sec. IN A JEEP. Amazing. I like the inovative ideas from jeep.

It is way to bling bling for my tastes and I don't like seeing bling bling on a Jeep. I'm sure the gangsta's will like it and buy them up. Nothing against the gangsta type but they do like thier bling.

Lady

Is the suspension adjustable? I'd atleast have to take that offroad a few times to test it out, and with that ground clearance I'll tear everything off. I would love to atleast test drive it. Yes I believe the gangstas will soak up the 20's. One of the only cars that comes factory with 20's and fast for drive-bys or whatever pleases them? Just don't shoot up too many of them.

RE: Gas Tanks

It only sits 1" lower than a normal GC :? Have any of you looked at the new GCs? The regular version is the poser, not this one. This one's purpose is clearly stated and it can deliver on it's promises, not so for the big bad offroad version.

20" rims? Go look around the dealerships......alot of luxury rides these days come with 18-20" rims. Why expect different here? My moms Navigator has 20s.....and she quit doing drive-bys like ten years ago.

RE: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican

I'm with junkpile. I'm not a fan of the 06 GCs at all.... they have adapted into the family class SUV and will seemingly never be truly offroad capable.

At least this one packs the punch that it proposes

Everytime I see the new GC I can't help but to think it looks too much like my wife's Dodge Caravan but with a 7 slot grille :roll:

I don't care if they put a jet engine in that ugly POS, I would never buy one.

RE: A recent trail inciDENT

Jeep's idea is the SRT8 GC will compete with the BMW X3 (i think, i havent read anything on it in awhile). BMW has such hold on that class so a cheaper version that performs as well on and offroad will, hopefully, steal buyers. There is a similar idea behind the Commander. Its all a matter of competing for sales.
Mike

RE: 360 Engine Pics Needed

I like it. It will never see dirt obviously. It would be interesting to see a test against the twin turbo model Porsche Cayenne. My money is on the Porsche.

Re: tellico/September

I cant wait to see the fuel economy.. i'd be surprised if it gets more than 10MPG...

Back