Marvel Mystery Oil

sicnik

RE: sticker

Have you ever heard of Marvel Mystery Oil? What are the Pros / Cons?
Should I put this in my YJ?

Thanks for any input.
Nick

RE: Sunday Night Chat

I take it from all the responses that Marvel Mystery Oil will remain a Mystery... :?

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

But I don't know how to find it

I've found it and have a bottle at home, used some in my bike's fuel to clean the valves. Was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of it before. My experiance so far is that not many people have heard of it. Its suppose to be some good stuff.

What do you want it to do in your Jeep?
Why do you think you need it? What are you trying to accomplish?
Do you want to run it in your gas tank or oil crankcase or both?

My thoughts....I use it in my gas tank everynow and then to keep the system clean and it also promotes keeping o-rings in good shape.

In the crank case...in modern engines...not needed and when you add this product you are really thinning out your motor oil..I just don't see why adding a bunch of additives to your motor oil helps, when you run a 10W30 or 5W30 then add something to raise or lower the viscosity of the product, why not just run a different weight to start with...?

I am adding it to the fuel system, maybe a little in the oil I have a slight ticking noise. I have done research on the product and know what it does or is supposed to do. I just thought it strange that most people have never heard of MMO, figured it would be an interesting topic.

Yeah, me too. Marvel has been around for a long time and I thought all over the country. I guess it used to be real popular in the older V-8s and engines built with less tolerances to cushion valves.

I see what your saying for a possible sticking valvle or lifter, it just might work to clean out gum or sludge. Good luck with it.

Back