Intro

thoughtr10t

I doubt anyone reads these, but i just figured i'd introduce myself. I'm from houston, and my dad has a Tan 1999 Wrangler (sahara) and I've loved it since he got it... Well, we recently got some disheartening news that my dad has lung cancer. its terminal, and so far advanced that any treatment would be equivelant to spitting on a house fire... Anyways, he's taking care of his will and what not, and i was visiting him, and he signed Whitney (jeep's name) over to me. This means a lot to me, because, as fellow jeep owners, you understand the relationship between you and yours. well, I'm taking the responsibility to do all the things to it my dad wanted to, but never got around to doing... for christ sakes, the top hasnt even come down yet... well, anyways, ill be posting a lot here, showing pictures of whitneys transformation in memoriam of my father. Well, thats it... and if you took the time to read this: thanks.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. These are never easy situations to go through. I think you've hit upon a good spot for support. Everyone here is quite friendly and always able to help. Welcome aboard!

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family, and most of all your father. This must be a very difficult time for you.

We'll be looking forward to following the work you do to the Jeep. You are welcome here and so are your questions.

You'd be surprised at what gets read on here........I read everything!!!

I feel your pain - just lost my Dad this past June. Welcome aboard and stick around.

Heck, ya couldn't have picked a better place to join than the "Z"!! I'll keep ya in my prayers.

Can't wait to see the pics as work progresses on "Whitney"!

Words are never enough in this your's and your families times of need.
But we offer them any way may the Lord watch over you all.

And when it comes time to transform your fathers dreams into reality we will offer you as many of words of encouragement and help. Welcome to your jeep support center.

generally speaking, if its longer than 6 lines long, my attention span won't allow me to read it. but best wishes with everything you're doing.

bchcky said:
generally speaking, if its longer than 6 lines long, my attention span won't allow me to read it. but best wishes with everything you're doing.

This explains why bchcky never responds to any of my posts.....:cry:

Sparky-Watts said:
This explains why bchcky never responds to any of my posts.....:cry:
its the truth though. people post video clips on my local forum all the time, and my friends send them to me and whatever, i even have a hard time watching those, no matter how funny they are. my attention span is extremely short. i like things precise and to the point. :)

This would have to be one of the most supportive groups of people that I have ever been associated with, several of 'em have helped me through some hard times, and I can safely say you couldn't have picked a better board...

Very sorry to hear about your father, it already sounds like you're letting his legacy live on through the Jeep, which I find very moving and profound... Though never a Jeep owner, my grandfather did something similar with his garage and tools, pretty much left to me... Every time I am out there wrenching, and that's the only place I wrench, even though it's a half hour drive from home, it's like he is there with me...

Welcome to Jeepz, if you type it, it'll get read, if you worry, we reassure, and most importantly, it's all about the JEEPZ... :)

lots of people read these... i think... i read them anyways cause i get bored at work....

"the blue monkey likes to eat KD and wiggle his booty in your face"

Good luck with your project. I was just a little kid when my biological father died and my mother had to sell his hotrods because she needed money, and to keep my older brother from killing himself in one of them, so I never got a chance to see any of his projects through and it still bothers me 24 years later. I think it's cool and something you'll be especially proud of when it's done.

hey guys... found a pic of my dad and whitney in his apartment... it's about a year old... I will give it to my girlfriend to scan so i can share it (dont worry, my next investment will be a digital camera). I saw him today, and his spirits are good. he's been transfered from the ER to a Hospice, and they expect him to live about two weeks more... It's sad, but we've said what we needed to say to eachother, and i think i am as emotionally ready as i will ever be.

thoughtr10t said:
they expect him to live about two weeks more... It's sad, but we've said what we needed to say to eachother, and i think i am as emotionally ready as i will ever be.

That's about the time frame the doc gave my dad when he went into the hospital the last time (after a 13 year battle with multiple myeloma). He was in hospice for 4 or 5 days before he died, 11 days from when he first went into the hospital. I was with him right up to the moment he passed.....and I'm glad I was. It's rough watching someone wither away, but it's good in the sense that you have a chance to say what you want to say to them. You are in my heart and in my prayers. I wish you well.

hey guys... my father passed away last night (11/20) at around 11:00... he had a heart attack and apparently it was very quick... thanks everybody for your support...

Sorry to hear that thoughtr10t. My prayers are with you. It may not make losing your dad any easier right now, but you are fortunate to have had the last few days to reconcile. Many people never have that time and they spend much of their lives regretting what went unsaid or undone.

Stay tough. :)

Oh man...sorry to hear that. Hang in there. You are going to get a lot of "I'm sorry's" and "Hang in there's" ...just remember that they ARE sincere no matter how many times you end up hearing it.

I wish you and yours the best in dealing with your loss.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Even though you've only been on the board a few days, trust that you are part of our family now, and as Mingez said, every word we type is sincere and from the heart. If you need to talk to someone that has been in your situation, feel free to email or PM me. I'm a very good listener, and for some folks, talking it through is good therapy (it was for me).

Again, I wish you peace and closure, my friend.

Back